likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
Can you believe it?

What are your April goals?

Replies

• rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Have my first 10K race on the last Saturday of the month. Hoping it will be a fun and successful event.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Is it already time to make April goals?
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Run regularly!!!!
    If that happens, get my weekly km's back to about 20km and bring the runs up to 4Xweek.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    April 4 I'm having eye surgery, and won't be able to start running again likely until at least the 9th, which will be one missed long run and one short one on the schedule I've been following now. Hopefully we don't get 4+ feet of snow this April like we did in 2013, because once I'm cleared to run again I need to start training for my half. If I was doing a 12 week program I would have started it this week. I'm not overly concerned about missing a couple of runs this early on, but then I want to be able to settle into a good training routine.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 14+ miles a week running throughout April.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congrats on your 10k rabble. I did the one and really enjoyed the distance.

2 runs aren't going to make that much of a difference at any point, unless they turn into all the runs. You are going to be fine. I'll think good thoughts during your surgery.

I'm going to try to build up to 12/15 miles. I'm running according to time right now. That's 3 hours a week until June. Then I'll need to build up to 15k distance for my long run. I'd like to be consistently hitting 20+ by the end of the year.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Just stay injury free this month. Nothing big going on. Have a 5K, but nothing special.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Can you believe it?

What are your April goals?

sub 55 10km by the end of the month, then I'm racing in early May.

If I do 55 mins in the race I'll be over the moon as it's a hilly trail course, and my first race.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    My second 5K is this month and I hope to have a better time than my first
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Now that I have a coach I am going to follow his plan exactly. I have three races: a 3.1 mile trail race, a 4 mile trail race, and a very flat half marathon. I don't plan to race any of those very fast. I've had some nagging hip pain again for two weeks now and my main goal for April is for that to go away. The hip pain started after my last trail race where I definitely pushed too hard.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I love that you have a coach, Tim. You might be at the point where additional gains will need to be garnered with care.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    I love that you have a coach, Tim. You might be at the point where additional gains will need to be garnered with care.

Yeah, he is taking it very slow with me. After this week, I go 3 weeks without a long run! Of course I have 3 races in a row so that probably has something to do with it.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No more nasty colds this month! I've had 3 this winter, I never get more than one a year. I missed several runs last month due to being sick.

This month my running goal is to hit 50 miles. I have a 5k on April 12th, Race to Wrigley. For those that don't know, Wrigley Field is where the Chicago Cubs play. I'll hit 8 miles for my long run by the end of the month.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to be able to run pain free but I don't think that is going to happen.

Other goals are:
    To lose another 2lb
    Set a PB for 5k doing the Prairie Dog Virtual 5k, my husband has taken the day off work to pace me! (This one is kinda dependant on my main goal)
    Get on by bike!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    After this week, I go 3 weeks without a long run!

Purgatory :) I really enjoy my long runs on a Saturday morning, nice and scenic, just enjoying the time in my own head and getting out there.

My plan for later in the year involves a long distance trail that'll mean three HM distances over three days (two weekends) so that'll need some careful planning for.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Purgatory :) I really enjoy my long runs on a Saturday morning, nice and scenic, just enjoying the time in my own head and getting out there.

Same here! I look forward to my long runs. A chance to really clear my head and just enjoy being outside. One of those 3 weeks is a half marathon so technically I am getting in my long run, but it won't be the same with 499 other people on a 8-ft wide greenway.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goals are to complete my first 10K race, and run my first trail run (weather & conditions permitting as I don't currently own rain gear, or proper trail shoes).
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I didn't use trail shoes on trails until just now. It hasn't been until the last five years that trail running shoes were actually worth owning (according to conversations I've overheard). It's going to be so much fun!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm still a newbie to the running game, but I just did my first 5K last weekend, and have my first 10K at the end of May.

So April's goals are to continue improving my distance to get to the 10K distance so I can work on time in May, and then also improve my 5K time along the way.

I'm also going to go to every Parkrun this month!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm still a newbie to the running game, but I just did my first 5K last weekend, and have my first 10K at the end of May.

So April's goals are to continue improving my distance to get to the 10K distance so I can work on time in May, and then also improve my 5K time along the way.

I'm also going to go to every Parkrun this month!

I wish they have parkruns over here. I guess the running store's group runs are kind of the same....

At your ability level, your 5k time will drop if you just keep running.