Protein Shake Recipes

Options
JenaOnTrack74
JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
dc3jt5.jpg

:drinker: :love: :bigsmile: POST YOUR FAVORITE PROTEIN RECIPES HERE!! :bigsmile: :love: :drinker:

Replies

• JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    ekox1f.jpg
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Or other protein recipes, I know a few of you have mentioned some amazing protein [bar] recipes in the past!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to make these ALL THE TIME you know, when I drank protein shakes. For all my protein I use Max Protein from SEI Pharmaceuticals. It seems to only be able to be ordered online. I can never find it in any store. I have not found a better tasting chocolate or vanilla protein shake with good stats after 19 months of searching! I put protein in everything! Oatmeal, bars, pancakes, shakes, even made ice cream with it! Anyway, onto the recipes!

Shakes:

Note: I like mine thick, so you may need to add more water to suit your tastes.

Chocolate PB Banana
    1 scoop chocolate protein (For extra protein I would do 1.5 scoops)
    1/2 frozen banana
    ice cubes
    splash of water
    Optional: 2 TBSP of PB2

Strawberry Banana
    1 scoop vanilla protein (For extra protein I would do 1.5 scoops)
    1/2 frozen banana
    3 or 4 frozen strawberries
    splash of water
    2 squirts of Torani Sugar-free strawberry syrup

Pumpkin Pie
    8 oz. Almond milk
    1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
    3 T. Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling)
    1/2 Banana, frozen
    2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (SF Vanilla, Caramel, Pumpkin Pie would all work)
    dash Pumpkin Pie Spice
    2-3 Ice Cubes

Ice cream:

Well, I've made a few, mostly Chocolate and peanut butter, or a random pumpkin recipe. I won't straight up steal her recipes, so go to this page to check them out. Get yourself a nice ice cream mixer at home (I use a Cuisiniart) and go to town with it. Play with it! I used Shelly's recipes as a base then made them my own. I never really kept track of what I put in it since they were guilt free at the time. I haven't made ice cream in a few months though, so I never tracked them. I do suggest using a milk frother to mix them up and get some air in them, and make sure you run the ice cream maker until the ice cream doesn't move anymore. I then put in the freezer for about an hour to harden it up some. Don't leave it overnight or else it turns rock solid.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

Protein pancakes!!!

So, I've made these once. The taste was amazing, however they turned out bad. There is way too much liquid in the recipe and I never got the pancakes to set right. I'm going to cut the liquid at least in half next time. Only put in what I need to make pancake batter consistency. For the oat flour, I just put slow cook oatmeal in a blender, and blended it into flour. It's the same texture.

http://www.thefitbaldman.com/perfect-protein-pancakes.html

Protein bars:

I've only made one recipe that is based off the blueberry and banana one: http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_200/244_protein-bar-recipes.html

For my substitutes, I'll put strawberries in it instead of blueberries. I use chocolate protein powder instead of banana. Then I'll add in 3 or 4 servings of PB2, and 2 TBSP of cocoa powder. Alternatively, you can use the chocolate PB2. I make bake them, then cut them up and put them in the freezer. I'll then grab a bag of them, along with a bit of SF pancake syrup, or some reconstituted PB 2 to dunk them in. Please note, these bars tend to be on the dry side. Don't use them unless you are probably at least 6 months post-op.

Protein Oatmeal:

I'm actually having chocolate PB this morning! Can you tell I like chocolate and peanut butter?

Chocolate PB Oatmeal
    1 serving oatmeal (40 gm)
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    2 servings of PB2 (24 gm)
    Stevia to taste (optional)
    1 cup almond milk (I've found almond milk with added protein, but I don't remember the brand)

Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oatmeal
    1 serving oatmeal (40 gm)
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    4 pumps of Torani SF Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup
    1 cup almond milk (I've found almond milk with added protein, but I don't remember the brand)
    Apples/Walnuts (I optionally will add one or both of these depending on my mood)

I'll mix all ingredients together, then nuke for about 1:30 or 2 minutes. The protein will clump on top, so be sure to give it another good mix before you eat.

Lastly, for pre-made bars on the run I use nothing but Quest bars. My favorite flavors are Cookie Dough and White Chocolate Raspberry! Enjoy!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Those are great! Thank You!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    sugar free syrups for coffee
    tonight was pumpkin pie spice
    and vanilla pure protein and ice ...
    NUM NUM NUM
    yesterday was SF hazelnut , chocolate protein and ice

this morning 100 cal muscle milk and coffee, w- 3/4 c milk , yummy not a shake , just a drink
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Here is a protein smoothies that I make occasionally and is super yummy!

Mixed Berry Protein Smoothie

- 1 cup light original soy milk
    - 28-ish grams Fage 0% plain Greek yogurt
    - 25-ish grams frozen blueberries
    - 25-ish grams frozen strawberries or raspberries (which ever I have - I always have blueberries because my 5 YO eats them daily)
    - 2-3 ice cubes
    - 1-2 scoops Strawberry Shortcake Protein Powder (depending on how much protein I want)

I use my digital scale to weigh out most ingredients (hence the grams) and always blend all the ingredient except the protein powder. When it's well blended I add the powder in for a relatively quick blend so it doesn't get too foamy.

This thing tastes like magic. I usually give away 1/4-1/3 to my hubby because it's a bit too much for me to finish before it melts.

One Scoop: 170 calories, 23 protein, 12 carbs, 3 fat, 4 fiber
    Two Scoops: 255 calories, 37 protein, 16 carbs, 4 fat, 7 fiber