pigs in a blanket...how do I make it more paleo?

Options
jingoace
jingoace Posts: 219 Member
So,
I'm outta good ideas for dinner. Decided to make pigs in a blanket, using all-beef hot dogs & wrap them in pillsbury croissants. Everyone else in the family will eat this, and a side of macaronie & cheese, & green salad. However, the only thing I can eat, if I'm trying to stay paleo is the all-beef dog, & salad.... ugh. Is there anything else I can do with the dog?
As I said, I'm tired & out of great ideas here...
thanks

(oh & just FYI, I am trying to stay away from all wheat, citrus, & dairy)

Replies

• Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This looks like a tasty recipe and could work for the whole family so they are not eating the pilsbury dough PLUS macaroni, and you can take part in the family meal http://paleoparents.com/2012/not-beanie-weenies/ . You could also cut it up and saute it with tomatoes and broccoli or cabbage. Not sure of what else to do with a hot dog to fancy it up. I like to have mine with homemade sauerkraut, plain and simple.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    OK... I found a paleo recipe for the crust,,, I thnbk I can do this with the all beef dogs,
    instead of pillsburys tonite...
    Wish me luck..

http://consideritjoybaking.com/2013/11/21/paleo-pigs-in-a-blanket/
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Paleo food is good for the entire family.... They probably won't mutiny if you make little healthy adjustments here and there. I'd skip the Pillsbury for sure.

I'm not big on hotdogs, but I would probably like them sauteed in bacon grease with cabbage or sauerkraut too.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    When I prepare Paleo friendly food for family or a potluck, I never advertise Paleo, because it’s not necessary. It’s just regular food that everyone seems to eat up!
  • katecrooker
    katecrooker Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    wrap it in bacon!