Options
Age 43 F
The stats. 5'8"
Weight 231.8
Goal weight 170
Graves Disease/PCOS

Goals. Lose weight
Gain strength & Endurance
Attain a great physique with some muscle gains.

Started on my own way 1/26/14. I have managed to lose about 17lbs on my own, winging it. Bounced around a lot to different workout ideas, stemming from all the hype of 30 day challenges. Finally settled into a full body dumbell workout 7 weeks ago, found on the net. Seemed agreeable to what I wanted along with a bodyweight workout. Fooled around with SL, but committed to it 2 weeks ago. My cardio is a brisk walk 2-5x a week 2mph for 60 45-60 min.

Revamped my calorie in/out plan, putting into place starting Monday. So now I want to have a plan for workouts that is the BEST for my goals.

I really like what I do now, but feel it may be overkill, yet scared to give up what I am seeing some results from. So. Here is the Every other day workout routine. In order.

Bodyweight:
Push ups 3x10
Sit ups 3x10
leg lifts 3x10
Bridge 3x60
Plank 60-120 seconds

Go straight into
SL (last workout)

Squat 5x5x65
Bench 5x5x55
Pendlay 5x5x75

Then straight into

Calves 2x15x30
1 arm row 2x15x20
OH row 2x15x20
Bicep curl 2x10x20
DB pullovr 2x15x20
75/incline 2x15x20
bent lat 2x15x5
lying leg curl 2x10x50
leg extension 2x12x60
Abs on weight machine 3x15x50

Time wise this takes closer to 90 minutes which seems could be detrimental? Obviously once SL get at higher weight I will most likely not be able to do all the rest.

I absolutely do not want to give up any of my upper body work, specifically DB pullover, or Overhead press. I have the lovely wings and have seen quite a difference in those recently which I believe is directly related to these. However, I am wanting to do the best thing for the long haul, so would like to have this sorted out to get the best workout. I have a home gym and not opposed to working out everyday if I can come up with a split that gives me SL as well as everything else. Is it possible to keep everything I have and still see good results?

I am just at a loss as to where my focus should really be. My TDEE with 20-25% deficit runs 1750 and I am aiming for a 2lb a week loss for the next month and then readjusting.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify. You do all that in one session?
  • amethyst70
    Options
    Yes.

I started with bodyweight.
    Added my dumbell full body workout.
    Then a couple weeks later added SL.

NOW, I am not exhausted by any means when I am done. I tried just doing bodyweight and SL together and felt, under worked.

I rarely have DOMS, and on off days feel like I should still be lifting.

Is this common for newbies?
  • amethyst70
    Options
    For further clarification, my full bodywork out with dumbells included DB squats and DB deadlifts and DB rows. I dropped those from the workout when I started SL as I felt it was essentially a repeat of the same lifts.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    SL starts light and you may not feel as though you are doing enough at first. However, as you progress based on the program, you will feel it more and more and it will take longer and longer.

Other than warm ups, you should not be doing anything before SL.

If you have time and energy, you can do it after and/or do some accessory work at the end.
  • amethyst70
    Options
    Alright. SL's first and then whatever I can fit in, meaning in an hours time, right?