Need Suggestions

Options
DeneshaS
DeneshaS Posts: 21 Member
So I am currently doing T-25 but I would also like to start adding gym days to my workout routine so that I can work on strength training. I know that you are supposed to do 30 mins minimum for cardio but how long do you strength train for and what kind of machines should I use for that? I really want to tone my belly but it's going down already with my change of diet and T-25. Help is so much needed. Thanks ladies!

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I would think your best option would be free weight and incorporating compound movements like squats, deadlifts, etc into a routine. Something like strong lifts, nrolfw, all pro would all be good structured programs to go with. I'm currently doing all pro 3x a week for about an hour.

You can't target fat loss but your best bet for losing fat will be a moderate calorie deficit combined with resistance training like heavy lifting or body weight exercises. I did a combo of strength training and cardio while I lost weight. I've lost a little over 50 lbs and thanks to genetics it took about 30 lbs of loss to see a decent change in my stomach and it's still am area I hold more fat on, which seems to be typical for women.