I hate my hips more than my waist!

Options
Any other apples have this problem? Where most women's hips round out, mine dip in. It goes waist to love handle to concave curve to slight saddle bags. It makes all my shirts look AWFUL! I just want to commiserate about it... Are there any exercises I could do? I sometimes feel if my fat could just shift down a couple of inches I might be alright...

Replies

• HealthyVee
    HealthyVee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know of any exercises but I feel your frustration! I have no hips...it pretty much goes straight from torso to legs. I'm basically shapeless!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't love my hips, but I definitely hate my waist more. My fluffy belly does awful things under shirts. Hopefully losing more of this weight will make a huge difference. I feel you pain!!
  • mauribelarmino
    mauribelarmino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh, believe me... If I buy one more empire waist flowy shirt because I HAVE to, not because I want to I might lose it. But they best cover the hot mess under my boobs.

But pants... If they fit right in the legs and hips, I get horrible muffin top. If they look good in the stomach, they are super baggy. Waaaah!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh, believe me... If I buy one more empire waist flowy shirt because I HAVE to, not because I want to I might lose it. But they best cover the hot mess under my boobs.

But pants... If they fit right in the legs and hips, I get horrible muffin top. If they look good in the stomach, they are super baggy. Waaaah!

Yes. A thousand times yes, I have the exact same thing going on with my pants. And those pants that sit at the hips? ***shudders*** I'd best get off my butt, drink some water, and get some steps into my day if I ever hope to change it.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

I have the same issue, its SO annoying :(. I actually don't wear pants anymore because of this - I have some skinny jeans (American Eagle jeggings fit well) that I wear on rare occasion, with a longer top that cinches my waist. But I'm much more comfortable in dresses that emphasize my waist and flow out - hiding the lack of hips! I always loved dresses so this wasn't really a big deal, but I would love to wear some nice pants sometime :(