meal times

Options
Dschnei475
Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
Am I the only one who really gets confused as to what meal it is or when I am supposed to eat ??

I use herbalife and I am supposed to have a shake for breakfast and lunch and real food for dinner with snacks in between. I just get confused on what meal I technically am consuming.

Replies

• pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I totally hear you!

As for me, my categories on my "Food Journal" have been adjusted. I tried to do the "Breakfast" "Lunch" etc ... couldn't even stick to it. Now my categories are broken into 4-hour increments. 12A-4A, 4A-8A, etc. You can take a look if you'd like! That way my brain can more easily wrap around a 24-hour period. I usually log my journals on a given day from midnight-to-midnight for logging purposes for here, but usually consider my "breakfast" to be around 4pm when I wake up, my "lunch" somewhere around 8:30pm, etc etc, for my own body's purposes. Heck, I'd say "breakfast" for any of us could be considered right after we wake up.

That's just how I do my own Food Journal here and how I consider breakfast or lunch in my own day. :) I'm sure people have all their own ways of doing it, but it really seems to help me considerably.

Great question :D

-PawPrints86
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always sleep in the mornings when I get off work. So I try and wake up around 4pm every day. What I do is I eat ever 3 hours or so until I get to work and then I'll usually have a meal and a snack to split up over those 8 hours. All in all I'm eating 6, sometimes 7 times a day. I know its sounds crazy, but it's what I have to do to regiment my self and loose weight. I do a lot of pre-meal/snack planning and I set timers on my phone to go off when I'm supposed to eat. It was really hard at first but now my body pretty much tells me when I should eat since I get hungry around those preset times.
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always sleep in the mornings when I get off work. So I try and wake up around 4pm every day. What I do is I eat ever 3 hours or so until I get to work and then I'll usually have a meal and a snack to split up over those 8 hours. All in all I'm eating 6, sometimes 7 times a day. I know its sounds crazy, but it's what I have to do to regiment my self and loose weight. I do a lot of pre-meal/snack planning and I set timers on my phone to go off when I'm supposed to eat. It was really hard at first but now my body pretty much tells me when I should eat since I get hungry around those preset times.

That's a really positive thing for me to look forward to, because even though I have my meal times generally planned out, it's so tempting to snack and get not-so-healthy options between meals. Will be nice to look forward to my body telling me when to eat, sometime in the future. ;)
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time falling asleep in the morning after work, I have to take some time to unwind. I generally don't get to sleep until about 1 or so, and sleep off and on until about 8. So when I wake up I have my breakfast, then a snack at work about 1 am my lunch is at 4 am, then I eat again in the morning after I am done swimming. Working this shift sure takes some getting used to...
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options

That's a really positive thing for me to look forward to, because even though I have my meal times generally planned out, it's so tempting to snack and get not-so-healthy options between meals. Will be nice to look forward to my body telling me when to eat, sometime in the future. ;)

Eat really small portions at first! it'll help your body train onto the routine naturally through hunger, and it'll keep your metabolism crankin!
  • ladonnabeard7
    ladonnabeard7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im new here so I am just starting to try this out. Ive been doing it a week and I also log my meals midnight to midnight. I eat when I get up in the afternoon around 4pm then I will have a few snacks between 7 and 10 pm while I am at work, then I will eat my lunch around 10 pm then I will have a snack between 10pm and 3am then I will eat again around 3am then I will have a snack between 3am and 5am. I wont eat after 5am because I go to bed around 8am. It is a real challenge cause we work 12 hr shifts. good luck to you all and best wishes
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast when I wake up, then I have a 300-400 calorie meal/snack every 4 hours or so.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Just found this group. I am on month 3 of a 6 month stent on the midnight shift. THis is the first time I have been on this shift in the 9 years I have worked here. It has been a rough go. Was doing very well with the goals, but all went to hell when I got assigned this shift. I find myself eating more fastfood for breakfast since I have an hour and half commute home. It helps me stay awake on those mornings of extreme exhaustion. I have put back some of the previous losses and don't really know what to do. Have been trying to get back to workouts, even tried here at the office. But again it has been rough. Maybe some of you who have had more midnight shift experience can give me some pointers.
  • Dschnei475
    Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like that idea !! I will definitely check it out :)
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    So glad to see other people struggle with figuring out when to eat their meals! I do my meals from midnight to midnight but it can be really confusing with sleeping in between those meals. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm eating too much from the time I wake up until I go back to sleep since it's really 2 different days. This shift really makes losing weight a little more difficult than when I had normal hours.