Craziest thing to happen on your midnight shift ?

Options
Dschnei475
Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
Seeing all the interesting jobs on here I am sure we have some good stories even if there are only a few of us so far ;)

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Well, we obviously have our fights, shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc .... The fun calls are what you keep coming back for. 4am this morning I took a call from a female that had a handcuff stuck on her arm. Last night I had a guy call from his hiding spot in a dumpster because a pit bull was trying to attack him (turned out to be a beagle mix that was trying to play-not aggressive at all per the officer) ... you wouldn't believe the stuff we hear everyday....
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a bail bonds agent at a corporate "store-front" office downtown, we post bail bonds in several states.

One night a guy comes in, yelling, screaming, telling ME I stole his car and his debit card. ... .... I had no idea who this man was, and I had been at work all night. He was arrested after HE called the police on ME. .... he wasn't bonded out, needless to say.

Another night a guy came and stood in front of our all-glass office-front, and whipped it all out to the world, and peed on our front door.

I'm sure I have a million more, but these just happened recently. :P
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Heh, I work in a lock down mental institution...well one night my administrator is serving as our on duty RN because she wanted to test the generators and things like that, myself and a PRN worker are sitting on the unit, full of sleeping mentally unsound individuals when we hear a loud crack and the power goes out. She and I are sitting there alone in the darkness at about 3am when I pick up my radio and immediately say "I'm going to go and find the administrator and make sure she's okay." The PRN shoots back almost instantly "SIT YO BUTT DOWN! Have you lost your MIND? you're not leaving me here! Why is it there's always someone like you about to run off in a bad situation so I can get murdered on the unit alone! THIS AINT NO HORROR MOVIE!" I fell into my chair laughing SO hard...and of course the power clicked on a few seconds later, but she was right! I was just gonna run off into the sunset to get axe murdered or something like a bad horror movie. Sometimes the funniest stuff to happen isn't always because of your clients! lol I have tooooons of stories about them to lol.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I work at Walmart, so we get all kinds of crazy folks in all hours of the night. Can't think of any particulars right now as i'm a wee tired. lol I will be back to post and read more tho!
  • Dschnei475
    Options
    Heh, I work in a lock down mental institution...well one night my administrator is serving as our on duty RN because she wanted to test the generators and things like that, myself and a PRN worker are sitting on the unit, full of sleeping mentally unsound individuals when we hear a loud crack and the power goes out. She and I are sitting there alone in the darkness at about 3am when I pick up my radio and immediately say "I'm going to go and find the administrator and make sure she's okay." The PRN shoots back almost instantly "SIT YO BUTT DOWN! Have you lost your MIND? you're not leaving me here! Why is it there's always someone like you about to run off in a bad situation so I can get murdered on the unit alone! THIS AINT NO HORROR MOVIE!" I fell into my chair laughing SO hard...and of course the power clicked on a few seconds later, but she was right! I was just gonna run off into the sunset to get axe murdered or something like a bad horror movie. Sometimes the funniest stuff to happen isn't always because of your clients! lol I have tooooons of stories about them to lol.

Haha this is great ! My coworker and I always have said "If **** goes down its every man for themselves " We watch too much ID so we are prepared to run to our cars and leave at any given moment lol
  • Dschnei475
    Options
    I'm a bail bonds agent at a corporate "store-front" office downtown, we post bail bonds in several states.

One night a guy comes in, yelling, screaming, telling ME I stole his car and his debit card. ... .... I had no idea who this man was, and I had been at work all night. He was arrested after HE called the police on ME. .... he wasn't bonded out, needless to say.

Another night a guy came and stood in front of our all-glass office-front, and whipped it all out to the world, and peed on our front door.

I'm sure I have a million more, but these just happened recently. :P

This is awesome lol. Unfortunately I understand your pain of seeing someone just whip it out. It happens at my work often...too often lol
  • Dschnei475
    Options
    Well, we obviously have our fights, shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc .... The fun calls are what you keep coming back for. 4am this morning I took a call from a female that had a handcuff stuck on her arm. Last night I had a guy call from his hiding spot in a dumpster because a pit bull was trying to attack him (turned out to be a beagle mix that was trying to play-not aggressive at all per the officer) ... you wouldn't believe the stuff we hear everyday....

Haha at least you have something to lighten up your shift
  • ladonnabeard7
    ladonnabeard7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Midnights with my job is when the crazy come out to play!!! We had a call tonight of a female running up and down the street screaming and she would run into traffic and when people would slow down she would jump on the hood of their cars...lol
  • Dschnei475
    Options
    Midnights with my job is when the crazy come out to play!!! We had a call tonight of a female running up and down the street screaming and she would run into traffic and when people would slow down she would jump on the hood of their cars...lol

Damn... I am assuming drugs or alcohol were involved. lol
  • mercurywinks
    Options

BUWAHAHAHAHA. Ahhhh, we get clients who have done that. When you're done with the her call, the next call should be to you're friendly neighborhood nut hut.
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

BUWAHAHAHAHA. Ahhhh, we get clients who have done that. When you're done with the her call, the next call should be to you're friendly neighborhood nut hut.

These are the kind of calls that sometimes end up in my jurisdiction as a coroner. Had one not to long ago matter of fact.

Weird things can happen in my office. My office can get pretty quit at night. So quite you hear ever little sound and say "What was That"? And then there is the occasional door closing. And these doors have been propped open for months and have not moved. It was a little creepy at first being here in the office for 10 hours, all by myself.......well that is partially by myself if you don't count the folks I care for in the back.
  • mercurywinks
    Options

These are the kind of calls that sometimes end up in my jurisdiction as a coroner. Had one not to long ago matter of fact.

Weird things can happen in my office. My office can get pretty quit at night. So quite you hear ever little sound and say "What was That"? And then there is the occasional door closing. And these doors have been propped open for months and have not moved. It was a little creepy at first being here in the office for 10 hours, all by myself.......well that is partially by myself if you don't count the folks I care for in the back.

Blech, i'ma out and say it. My building is soooo haunted. We have doors that are sealed shut with power locks, I've been standing in front of three other people and had one rip open out of the electric lock and slam. I've also been hit in the head with the over the door placards...which wouldn't be a big deal, things fall, but I was kinda across the room. lol.
  • Dschnei475
    Options
    Well most recent incident is that I wouldnt allow a client to have caffeinated coffee ( it screws with the medication they take). He flipped the hell out and told me and another girl he wants us dead and that we were fat B#tches and C*&ts. He proceeded to scream bloody murder and run around the facility slamming doors and what not...

Caffeine.... its a hell of a drug haha