INTRODUCTION

Options
Tamzy00
Tamzy00 Posts: 23 Member
My name is Teresa. I've been through some major changes in my life in the last couple of years: lost a 13 year relationship, lost a 10 year career, and picked up and moved across the country. I'll be turning 40 very soon and am tired of sitting here feeling fat and depressed while everyone else around me gets out and enjoys life!

It doesn't matter how young or old you are, if you're fed up with your life and really want to make a change for the better, this is a great place to start. Please post an introduction below. Tell us who you are, where you're from, and your motivation for change.

Replies

• weewdy
    weewdy Posts: 39
    Options
    I am turning 30 in a few months and I want to weigh what I did before pregnancy. so far I have lost 36lbs and I am 13lbs away from my first goal weight. at that weight I am still overweight but i am taking it small steps at a time. hopefully at this rate i will have lost 13lbs for my daughters 2nd birthday in 7 weeks, it will be tough but i am going to try my hardest.
  • askrimcovsky
    Options
    I turned 30 in September and 3 months before that moved from PA to GA. I knew I wanted, and needed, to lose weight, but what really got to me was opening my laptop and seeing our family picture from Disney in 2012. I look horrible! I've never been a thin girl but rather always a little heavier, but this picture flat-out outraged me! I immediately broke down to tears. When we got back from Disney that year, I had bought Body By Vi Shake mix, and it was sitting in the cupboard from then, until I moved this past summer. $300 almost down the drain...ugh! I finally decided to get going and make some changes in my life.

Just by moving, my weight loss journey had begun on it's own, without me really even realizing it. I weighed in at 196 in June 2013. Within the first 4 months, I had already dropped 10 pounds. I "blame" that loss on the 2 flights of stairs I have to take every day to my 3rd floor apartment. I've been happily lingering at the 186 mark since then, until I weighed myself two weeks ago, and saw that I had lost another 1.5 pounds. 184.5!!! I haven't been this weight since before my youngest son was born, in 2010! Now, granted, I haven't done ANYTHING to better myself since his birth, but that is sure to change.

Monday, March 17 marked my first day on the Body By Vi Shakes and I admit, I was very iffy starting them. As adamant as I am to get healthy and fit, I also know, that unless I see results, I'm most likely NOT going to continue. I have a shake for breakfast and one for lunch, with a snack in between. Usually another snack follows lunch, and then an actual dinner. Depending on my schedule, I may switch lunch and dinner. I have not added a workout yet, nor have I really counted calories. I only paid attention to my body and when I was actually hungry or not. I weighed myself last Monday, and was surprised to see 182 on the scale! That means, by just replacing two meals with a shake, NOT starving myself, and NOT working out, I've lost 2.5 pounds!

This last week, I've decided to be more active in watching what I've been snacking on, and I also took a 25 minute walk on Thursday, and even threw in a 20 minute work-out Friday morning as well. I've been feeling full on the shakes and I don't have the urge to snack all day long like I did before. When it's time for a snack, baby carrots and cauliflower, or 1/2 a pack of Lance crackers are usually enough for me. I'm not going to weigh myself until Monday night, so we shall see what happens.

I had no intention of writing this whole "book", but rather just say "hello"! Sorry 'bout that... :-)
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Recovering from a surgery that had me couch bound for 6 weeks. Struggling with a neurological disease but finally have things under control. Looking to get back into shape and have found my focus and stride to do so. Plan on continuing in that direction.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone. I am joining this group because I am in transitions a lot lately. I joined MFP in 2011 to lose weight. I was working a stressful job with a long commute and gained weight. Once I stopped that job, I got even more sedentary and gained more weight. I am happily married 13 years, we have 6 sons between us and a couple granddaughters. We sold our house and moved, but I am very inactive and gain weight easy, especially if I get upset. I joined a gym and go pretty consistently, but still I am gaining weight. So I have to cut back on eating, and am so fed up with not losing weight. I will be here to give and get support! Thanks!
  • lastjourney25
    Options
    Hi there,

Funny how this group was the first that came up and was EXACTLY what I needed. I am 10 weeks away from my 25th birthday and feel like the clock is ticking. Explanation: I have been battling an eating disorder for the past 8 years and have been struggling to recover. Food controls my life and I am so sick of not living my life to the fullest because of it.
  • mikey408
    mikey408 Posts: 3
    Options
    My name's Mike, and I'm currently in California. I've been going to grad school for the past 3 years, which have been a roller coaster of a journey, not just academically, but also physically, and mentally. In the process, I've gained a large amount of weight and I'm unhappy with my appearance. i will be moving to New York for more schooling in July, and have decided to take the next 75 days seriously in terms of my eating and exercise.

I truly believe that taking care of my health and changing up the way I eat and exercise will allow me to become more confident and secure about who I am. I also have a family history of diabetes, blood pressure, and other conditions..... I definitely want to keep myself away from those.

I have the next 75 days to be serious about myself, and that includes healthy eating in moderation ( I tend to splurge ALOT), making exercise a daily routine, and to stop drinking (I drink ALOT of beer).

I hope you guys can be a motivation and great support system.

Thank you!!!!
  • juanitarb
    juanitarb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello my name Juanita I am 40. I am an over-weight girl - all my life. I have been on a roller coaster of dieting. I enter here weighting 308 pounds since Nov. 2011. But i stop - and finally realize its was Feb 24, 2014 - got on the scale - 330 pounds I gained 22 pounds. uff well decide get back on track., I need a friend to help me stop eating
  • rdvlvtcpk
    rdvlvtcpk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Yadie. I just turned 30 about two weeks ago and last week I began training with a friend of mine. I was almost 300lbs a few years ago but on my own I lost 40+lbs but gained some weight back. So when I weighed myself before hitting the gym I was at 249lbs, this morning I came in at 243lbs but I'm not too focused on numbers. It's only been one week and I feel more energetic (despite the crazy soreness, tabata ain't no joke!) and I'm actually looking forward to next week.

I've been looking at clothes I'd like to get for this summer and making mental notes about what I'd like to do during the summer as motivation. I'm one of those lucky fat girls that doesn't really care what other people think. This is for me. Turning 30, I feel lucky to be this age when others aren't as blessed. I want to make sure that I feel the best I can, that doesn't mean "perfect" or "skinny" just... a better me.
  • pewknee
    pewknee Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello all.

I've just joined MFP today (sorry for the lack of avatar) and this group seems like a good fit, and I could use the support.

Quick tidbits: I'm a married, stay at home, homeschooling, mother of five. The children range from 11 to infant. I think I've gained and retained 10lbs with each pregnancy.

Life changes? I'll be 40 in August and... it's kind of ridiculous that some of this "baby weight", I've been hauling around for over a decade now. Hah.

My health took a real nose dive a year ago, and I've gone from being someone who took ibuprofin a few times a year, to daily taking more medications and supplements than I can name. I hate it. Healthwise I feel the only thing left in my control is what I eat, how I move, and (baby allowing) how I sleep - which really are the BIG things, aren't they? Maybe if I work on what I can, God granting, the rest will improve as well.

So here goes!
  • lizadaze
    lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Elizabeth and just joined MFP today. I made a major life changing decision and had bariatric surgery a month ago. Today is my last official day of medical leave and I return to work tomorrow, which is a bit scary for some weird reason. I guess I've had the last month to just focus on myself and my recovery, which is going really well so far. But now, I have to get back to the reality of life, juggling work, family AND still trying to take care of myself. I know it will be hard and I will need all the support I can get.

So today I am not feeling especially motivated, but I do need to get busy with a few things and do some errands. I am also thinking of going to check out a health club that has a pool, but I'm a bit embarrassed and intimidated to go. We shall see if I make it there or not.

Anyway, looking forward to life ahead and being part of this group.
  • toni119922
    toni119922 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Toni and my big motivation goal is my college graduation. I have tried exercising and eating healthy in the past, yet still got barely any results. I lost motivation after that and I got very busy with school. Now I am hoping more vigorous exercising and an even healthier eating plan will help me out along with support from people on here. I really want to stick with it even though my school schedule is crazy.