2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.67 miles walked today

46.41 miles walked to date
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Today I did:

AM: 1 Mile Central Park Walk and Walk It Off in 30 - Firm (standing strength training portion with 10 & 20 lbs weights)
    PM: 2.5 brisk outdoor miles

Total Miles: 35.75

I'm in a bind because in the evenings I walk with my partner. He is not super overweight - working on losing maybe 25 lbs., but I am in much better shape than he is and he has some old athletic injuries. I really enjoy our walks because we bond and I inspire him (he calls me coach haha). The thing is I want to walk faster and longer, but I know he couldn't keep up with me right now.

I'm going to continue to go at his pace however. When I think back to all of those years when I was trying to keep up with him and he never left me in a cloud of dust so I why should I do that to him now. :) I'm very thankful to be in great shape and health and working hard everyday to keep going. When I have time to go alone I will go whenever I can.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Goal: 60-65 miles

Today: 40 min walking through halls at Barn Hill; 4 Miles Super Challenge(LS)

Total: 30 miles
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Walked 1.73 miles yesterday. Not as much as usual but still got a nice walk in. :smile:

28.50 miles so far :bigsmile:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4 mile dvd today, so that makes 25 this months!

goal was 30-45! pretty excited.

I am not counting outside walking just the dvds
  • sherbearee_
    Options
    Today I did:

AM: 1 Mile Central Park Walk and Walk It Off in 30 - Firm (standing strength training portion with 10 & 20 lbs weights)

I'm in a bind because in the evenings I walk with my partner. He is not super overweight - working on losing maybe 25 lbs., but I am in much better shape than he is and he has some old athletic injuries. I really enjoy our walks because we bond and I inspire him (he calls me coach haha). The thing is I want to walk faster and longer, but I know he couldn't keep up with me right now.

I'm going to continue to go at his pace however. When I think back to all of those years when I was trying to keep up with him and he never left me in a cloud of dust so I why should I do that to him now. :) I'm very thankful to be in great shape and health and working hard everyday to keep going. When I have time to go alone I will go whenever I can.

^^That is love. Good job.
  • sherbearee_
    Options
    I think it is safe to say I am not going to hit my goal of 20 miles this month. I am hoping by next week to feel up to getting up early and doing 1 mile a day. I am not as fatigued and exhausted as last week, but I am still not 100%.

My goal for the rest of April is no longer 20 miles, but as many miles as I can. I'll keep you posted.

I do absolutely love reading what everyone is doing! Some amazing rock stars on here that totally motivate!!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

4 miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles.

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for March: ? miles, An increased emphasis on strength will change my usual mileage.

So far: 21 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

Tuesday & Wednesday I did extra deep cleaning/ moving furniture and yard work so I didn't 'walk' for exercise :happy: .

Take care and keep walking strong!!

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Today I did:

Rainbow, I like everything about what you wrote concerning how you have decided to handle the walking with your partner :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options

Today: 40 min walking through halls at Barn Hill; 4 Miles Super Challenge(LS)

Total: 30 miles

You are becoming quite the Rock Star, Sue :drinker: I am so proud of your progress :smile:

Hugs to you sweet friend flowerforyou
  • 2essie
    Options
    5.44 miles walked today

51.85 miles walked to date
  • nickle2dime
    nickle2dime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 hour outside walk, various speed & terrain.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. Just got my doctor's ok to exercise so I will put my goal for 40 miles for this month.

April 11 - 2 miles of a 3 mile WATP walk at home where Mary Kay leads the 2nd mile instead of Leslie
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words sherbearee and texasgardnr. :)

nickle2dime - I'm so jealous you have various terrain you can walk on. Where I live it's completely flat!

I've done the following workouts:

Yesterday: 2 Mile Super Walk
    Today: 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk

Total Miles: 40.75

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ElliHurdle
    Options
    After today's walk I'll be up to 33 miles!!
  • theclash2503
    theclash2503 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Goal: 50
    Total: 27

Every single one of you is so inspiring! Yay! :)
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5 miles at the park around the lake today, that makes 30 so far for the month.. goal 30-45
  • 2essie
    Options
    4.96 miles walked today

56.81 miles walked to date
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    April Goal-60 Miles
    4/3 WAP- 3 Mile Power Walk with Weights-57 to go
    4/4 Walk Your Way Thin-Walk it Off & Tone it Up-5miles=52 to go
    4/5 WAP-3 Fast Miles=49 miles to go
    It has been a rough week! :-)
    4/11 WAH Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms-3 miles=49 miles to go
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

4/9/2014: 4 Mile Super Challenge (Ultimate Collection)

4/10/2014: 4 Mile Super Challenge (Ultimate Collection)

4/11/2014: 3 Mile Advanced Walk (Ultimate Collection); Zumba Gold with 1 lb. toning sticks in wheelchair(3 miles)

Total: 44 miles