suggestions please...

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i need help and suggestions.... at new years i was 114.0 lbs. i gained just a tad over 4 lbs on my mexican new years vacation and i was unable to take it off till 1 week before this last trip last week.! i got back down to 114.2 the sunday before but the day i left i was 118. I weighed myself today ( the day after i came home) and i only put on one lb on vacation... great! scale was 119 BUT it's still 5 lbs up from my "original" weight which i was maintaining for over a year and was 1 week prior to that! why is it that i seem to bounce around so much this year and unable to stay steady? when i was able to stay consistent for over a year between 114-115.5???? I have been doing p90x3 since the end of jan, i am going to re do block 2 since i missed a entire week being away. I just don't get why i am all over the place now and what to do about it? I am over my comfort "weight" and i have not hit my goal yet but yet seem to be stumped as how to get there..... suggestions. My most concern is not the scale weight at all, it's the fact i haven't been able to lower my body fat at all since fall!! The last time you guys did a estimate on me it was low -mid 20's.. 22-24% i really don't think i have budged at all from that since. I exercise daily 30-40 min, log everything, weigh everything. try to keep my protein up and sodium down. i have always struggled with my water intake, but i try hard...i do 40-30-30.. but tend to be up a bit more on the carbs some days. but that never made a huge difference before in the rest of my loss.... i do my best and try my best and that is all i can do and ask for.. i don't think i can be more strict with myself or i will fall hard! so i stick with what i do now and what has worked... last year i did clx and then t25 while i maintained my weight that entire year, since this new year started i bounce all over , doing p90x3 currently and will till summer... then i have no idea what to do when the program is finished with exercise.. i only have a good 30 min nightly to get any exercise in at all.. so i have to do my best with that 30 min.... why am i bouncing around so much ? why can't i reduce any body fat in months?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I realize that you have answered many of these already, but can you answer the questions from this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/910257-the-new-and-improved-asking-questions-about-your-intake
  • lin7604
    Options
    no prob, here you go :

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)
    5.2 ft/ bouncing between 114-119./ 37/ 22% BF or so..

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
    40-30-30 but tend to still end up being a bit high on carbs as i am between 130-140 and like today i was at 130 with just a quest bar, yogurt and fruit.... never mind dinner

Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
    yes i do, measure and weigh everything and log everything.

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
    yes, even a tsp of this or that!

Do you take cheat days or days off?
    i don't do cheat days but will have something daily to keep me sane... not always bad but maybe toast in the am instead of eggs or oatmeal, etc... maybe pasta for dinner or a granola bar, etc...

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
    a good 26 lbs on average, some days a bit more as i bounce around. it took me a year to lose 20 lbs ( thyroid issues)

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
    30 min 6 days a week doing p90x3 currently. yes all of last year i did clx and then t25. at the end of jan i started p90x3

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.
    i haven't lost anything since last sept. no lbs or body fat but body fat is more important to me!

Are you breastfeeding? no

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS?
    yes thyroid issues, deficient in b12 and iron i get a b12 shot every 3 weeks and take iron pills daily

FYI, i have been on vacation( no internet access) and haven't logged for a while....
  • lin7604
    Options
    well i guess you may lock this thread since heybales was very helpful giving me some advice. I am going to try to eat more for 2 weeks and then re evaluate where things are.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I doubt that would have been our advice, but thank you for telling us so we did not spend time on this when you were getting input from elsewhere.

Locking so we can track active threads.
This discussion has been closed.