Name One Thing...

Options
Tamzy00
Tamzy00 Posts: 23 Member
Name the biggest challenge that absolutely gets you down about being overweight, then name one fantastic thing you're looking forward to when you lose it.

For me, the thing I hate the most is having to stay home while my family goes out and enjoys this beautiful Arizona weather because I'm not physically fit enough to go hiking in the mountains.

One thing I'm looking forward to is going to the first store I see to shop for clothes! (instead of online or traveling 2 hours away to a specialty store)

Replies

• pewknee
    pewknee Posts: 2
    Options
    I hate... getting winded just hauling laundry around the house.

I'm looking forward to... taking my kids to the pool and JOINING THEM in the water!
  • lizadaze
    lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There are many things I hate about being overweight, but one of the worst things for me is the challenges I have with traveling. I hate having to think about seat belt extensions on airlines, or booking an extra seat, or worrying about mean people, etc.

I love to travel and look forward to doing more traveling this year as I lose weight, especially if I can also lose the anxieties and phobias I've developed now all due to my weight. I look forward to the freedom of traveling without fear and prejudice in the future.

I'm so excited that I already bought some new luggage! My first trip by air is mid-May and I hope to be under 300 pounds by then. That will be a really good feeling and achievement!
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I get down about ... the bulges on my thighs that show up when I am naked, wearing my jeans, and wearing clingy skirts, dresses, and pants.

I'm looking forward to...wearing a bathing suit.

Great assignment! I feel empowered thinking that I WILL someday lose weight. THANKS! :smile: