Girl's names...

Options

Replies

• mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really want a Finley for a little girl. Undecided on the middle name. We still don't know what we're having yet. I already have a little boy - Jameson Scott O'Meara :-) I cannot think of any other boy names that I love so I hope this little one ends up being a girl!
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Named my daughter Miyana Orchid
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We've picked Evelyn (Evie for short), Clementine, Camille, Minerva or Minnehaha (Minnie for short), Marnie, Holly and i'm sure there were probably others but we haven't go close to deciding which is our front runner. Have no boys names we both like (the one we do, William, we both refuse to put with our surname: McWilliams). Hopefully we pull it together once baby arrives!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! We don't know thex sex, but the boy's name came easy. However we don't agree on girl's names. I can't decide if I like a feminine name or a tomboyish/girlie name better. I love all the older names....Ella, Emma, Hannah, Sophia, etc....but hubs is not a fan. So now I am thinking Samantha/Sam or Alexandra/Alex. I don't know...such a tough decision. All I know is I am looking for something that will not only be cute for when she is little, but will age well.
  • lolablitz
    lolablitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We've narrowed it down to Rose and Amira. I love Amira but I'm not sure if it's too uncommon and will be difficult to spell/pronounce here in the US.

Hubby likes Margot but I think it's too bookish. He also likes Vivian. I like Louisa and Sylvie. Our other two daughters are Genevieve and Lydia (LOVE those names)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Our little girl's name is going to be Harper Grace.
  • cnshumate
    cnshumate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We have one daughter, Elena Victoria, and another daughter on the way, Nora Faith. We also liked the names Sylvia, Savannah, and Miriam.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So, we've made up: Chrisdeny as a girls name. I think Its lovely.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have narrowed it down to 3:
    Mya
    Caroline
    Colette

ETA: Mya is our front runner. It has been my favorite girls name since I was 5 and loved watching the cartoon "Mya the Bee" on Nick Junior

:)

Mya is lovely :)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Two boys at home and pregnant with our first daughter. We will be naming her Lena Lucille.

This name has been picked since we were pregnant with our first 8 years ago. Which we still love it, but both me and the hubby also fell in love with Evangeline. We have been tempted to change it, but we don't like to shorten names into nicknames and that would be a very long name for her to have to write. I've also always loved Grace, but hubby vetoed that due to a great-aunt that had that name and he does not associate happy memories with.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    We had a girl's name picked out a few days after finding out we were pregnant but couldn't settle on a boy's name.
    The girl's name was Aria. But, as it turns out, it is a boy. We still don't have a boy's name.

That's my fear. We currently have 1 girl and 3 boys, and I feel like we've used up all the boys names I really love. Everything we discuss for a boy is just meh.

Only 11 weeks along, so we have a bit before we find out (unless I do the MaterniT21 next appointment, then we'll find out soon after that).

If it's a girl, we like:
    Brynnan
    Victoria
    Elizabeth
    Ruby

We've somewhat settled on Brynnan, with Brynn for short, but not 100% yet (until we know it's a girl)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Options
    well I know Ill get alot of crap for this, but if I have a girl, we will most likely name her Griffin, Griff for short, i am in love with that name, I also like Austin, and the only girly name I like is Ella, but hubby doesnt like it
  • angmarie28
    Options
    We had a girl's name picked out a few days after finding out we were pregnant but couldn't settle on a boy's name.
    The girl's name was Aria. But, as it turns out, it is a boy. We still don't have a boy's name.

That's my fear. We currently have 1 girl and 3 boys, and I feel like we've used up all the boys names I really love. Everything we discuss for a boy is just meh.

Only 11 weeks along, so we have a bit before we find out (unless I do the MaterniT21 next appointment, then we'll find out soon after that).

If it's a girl, we like:
    Brynnan
    Victoria
    Elizabeth
    Ruby

We've somewhat settled on Brynnan, with Brynn for short, but not 100% yet (until we know it's a girl)
    I have 3 boys also, and have no clue what I will name this one if I have another boy
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    well I know Ill get alot of crap for this, but if I have a girl, we will most likely name her Griffin, Griff for short, i am in love with that name, I also like Austin, and the only girly name I like is Ella, but hubby doesnt like it
    I have 3 boys also, and have no clue what I will name this one if I have another boy

I think Griffin would be cute for a boy, too. I think a friend of mine has a nephew named Griffon, in fact. But FX for a girl for you, if that's what you're wanting. (I'm really wanting a girl this time)
  • siouxsie3278
    siouxsie3278 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name is Maiden Grace, we call her "May." If this one is a girl, we are considering Katurah (Ka-tur-ah) Christine and would call her "Kitty" or "Cat."
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    All the girls at my sons school are called Isla, Ayla, Amelie or Isabella. I wanted Rosalee, but we went with Rosanna :smile:

There also seems to be a real trend for flower names and grandparents names at the moment.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    All the girls at my sons school are called Isla, Ayla, Amelie or Isabella. I wanted Rosalee, but we went with Rosanna :smile:

There also seems to be a real trend for flower names and grandparents names at the moment.

Yes, the floral names are really popular in the UK. Also the double names, like Lily-Mae, Daisy-Mae etc. I think there are 2 Daisy-Maes in my son's class, and a Poppy.

I like Isla, but I have a Maya, and Isla and Maya sounds kind of silly together!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a DD named Rose, and I fought right up to my due date for that name! We didn't know we were having a girl until she was born, and we had such a hard time agreeing on girl's names. We won't find out #2's gender until it arrives, so we're back to the battlefield for the name game. So far DH hasn't suggested many names (just said "no" to some of mine), so MY list right now includes:

Stella
    Ruby (although I'm not sure I want two "R" names and DH hates it anyway),
    Lauren
    Audrey
    Halina (I'm back and forth on this one. I added it to my list because DH wants a name from his background and it's the only one I've found so far that I like enough to consider - I should say, the only one that is easy to spell/pronounce. There are a few others, but we already have a crazy last name, I don't want my kids to grow up having to explain their first name as well).

We agree on boy's names quite easily, but girl's names give us trouble. I see it being a battle to the end for girl's names this time around, too!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    my favorite girl names are
    Griffin/Griffyn (which will be this ones name if its a girl)
    Ella
    Harper
    Austyn
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Bentlee Vivienne .... Picked out before my first was born... Never ought it could be used as girls name but It can