What's your schedule?

Options
Pudding1980
Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
I am hoping to start NROLFW next week and am trying to decide on a schedule for working in both lifting and hopefully a bit of cardio. Is anyone willing to share their schedule? How many times a week do you lift/do cardio and on what days? How many rest days do you have?

Replies

• charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Right now I am lifting MWF and have no scheduled cardio, but I try to take walks on pretty days. I may add cardio later, but I am not sure....my body has never done great with cardio and that is why I love lifting :) I am almost done with phase one. I am trusting the program/process and not adding to it much :) Good luck.
  • catdevrandom
    Options
    Hey!

I'm trying to do the lifting on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (avoiding Mondays because the gym is always packed!), and if the weather is nice I go out for a run on Saturday. But it has happened that I had to add one more recovery day after the lifting, so that tends to change a bit...

So far I haven't felt the need to add more cardio days. I've been feeling quite in need for the recovery day in between the lifting sessions!

Hope that helps :)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I am scared to cut out all cardio as I still have about twenty pounds to go and quite a bit of body fat. I realize heavy lifting will help with this but I can't wrap my mind around no cardio at all.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I am scared to cut out all cardio as I still have about twenty pounds to go and quite a bit of body fat. I realize heavy lifting will help with this but I can't wrap my mind around no cardio at all.

I know, it is scary. I still have at least 30 pounds to go :/
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I lift on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and I run on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Friday is my 'rest day'.

I also walk my dog for about 2.5miles every day, but I don't really count this as its just a gentle stroll and I was doing it before I started trying to lose weight.

I enjoy running - its a stress reliever and it gives me a great sense of achievement and a high I'm not willing to give up so I incorporate it in.

I'm on Stage 6 btw, and have been doing cardio during every stage, lost about 10lbs and dropped 2 jean sizes, and really happy with how my muscles are starting to show through, so I don't think its hindered me at all.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    http://halhigdon.com/training/51122/10K-Novice-Training-Program

I'm using this schedule for the next two months. I do all the work outs but rearange them within the week and do all six (two of which are weight lifting worksouts, then some running and misc. cardio/activity.
  • twistedsister39
    twistedsister39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my schedule: Monday - rest, Tuesday - run 30 minutes & Lift, Wednesday - 60 min Spin, Thursday - run 30 min & Lift, Friday - rest, Saturday - 60 min run, Sunday - 30 min Spin & Lift

Though I have lost 25lbs, I still have about 40 left. But I think the important thing is to listen to your body. If you need to take an extra rest day, then do so. :smile:
  • onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My schedule changes every week. As a nurse, I work long hours, and it changes weekly. Depending on the week, I can't get to the gym 3 days a week. So I try to do cardio and lifts all on the same day, and then have other days as work/rest days.