Vitamin D

Options
Howbouto
Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
My vitamin D is always low. I have been on prescription mega supplements. They help but it is still not optimal. Any suggestions? Can anyone recommend a godo supplement?

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint guy) says for vitamin D you should get out in the sun more. :smile:
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint guy) says for vitamin D you should get out in the sun more. :smile:

LOL I would have to move south to find sun and that is not an option. And even in the summer when I was running outside sans sunscreen 4 times a week, my vitamin D was incredibly low.
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My numbers are down in the dumps. I think it was 8 or 9 last time I was tested. I was on prescription D and will need to do another round, but not that enthusiastic about going back to the Dr.

I did get a 10,000 iu D3 by Solgar that I take a few times a week (as well as the cal-mag-zinc, etc.) I can tell when it's getting too low. My joints/bones hurt, I get a ringing in my ear, and I feel incredibly tired. Wish I lived somewhere warm with tons o'sun.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Make sure to get a D3 with K. I personally really like nutrametrix (google it). It isn't cheap but I do believe their hype of better uptake. Any D2 or "prescription" D is honestly not as effective. And I believe if you are low, 10k ius is a good dose. My D is 52 and I still do 5,000 ius.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    My vitamin D was really low and my doctor had me taking 50K per day for two weeks and then a maintenance dose of 10K per day (D3). It keeps my vitamin D in the good range now and 10K is just two small softgels.