Choosing a maintenance goal....

Options
auroragr8t
auroragr8t Posts: 4 Member
How and when did you decide to go into maintenance?

I keep moving my weight goal down every time I hit it because I change my mind and decide to try for 5 more pounds since I am unhappy to see my belly fat is still there and still no hope of abs yet.

I am 6ft tall so the BMI range is quite vast anywhere from low 140s to 180.

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I didn't consciously decide to go into maintenance, my body just levelled out a couple of months ago - a combination of increased hunger and less willpower. Basically, I'm happy where I'm at for now. We're heading into winter over here so I may try to drop another kilo or two in six months or so for bikini season.
  • Krista_1
    Krista_1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been in maintenance mode for about a year now. My goal is between 143-138. I am a 48 year old woman, 5’7”. My body does not seem to want to go any lower than that. I am fairly tone, so some of the weight I know is muscle. I am happy with the way I look. I have some curves, and my husband loves it!
  • WildCatClimbs
    WildCatClimbs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So I spoke to a trainer about this, she is female and very good. She said if you just need to lose some body fat(like the last 5-10 lbs) you should be eating in maintenance mode, this will allow you to have enough energy to smash some awesome heavy hard workouts. That is what will kill that last bit of fat. Same goes for toning up and getting stronger, eat in maintenance mode. You need the calories to train hard!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I set many goals & kept losing a few more pounds then a few more. I'm pretty happy with where I am now, I just need to tone up & do body recomposition. Set a goal for right in the middle of the healthy Bmi range & work from there. If that's too hard to maintain, than gain a few pounds. If you would like to look a bit slimmer, than lose a few more pounds.
  • melissa3555
    melissa3555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I decided to switch to a maintenance goal yesterday. I think that increasing the amount of food I consume will help me feel better and get more out of my cardio work. Also, I now feel a bit ill after running and after consuming sugar. I'm hoping this will be improved by eating more. It is tempting to keep losing weight but this is not a healthy option for me. I am going to increase my strength and cardio to tone up.