Check In

Options
2»

Replies

• ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    well, pulled something in my neck BRUSHING MY HAIR fer cryin' out loud, and so day 2 of Venus Factor was not an option tonight. Urgh. Hopefully it'll ease up by tomorrow and I can get back in action.

@agent99oz stick it out, is what everyone says about the lifting and the losing vs gaining weight.

This weekend I'm going to take measurements and just try to stay away from the scale through the process of the Venus Factor workout. It's amazing, isn't it, the power of that number we all have in our heads about our ideal weight, how hard it is to let go of the losing weight mentality, even after I've seen so many awesome pictures of women's pictures of themselves at heavier weights but with way fitter, leaner bodies from lifting. I have had the thought: maybe I'll just lose the weight and get to my mythical magic number, and THEN start lifting... but there have been so many posts about "I wish I'd started lifting way earlier in my weight loss process" that I'm trying to shake those thoughts and just get over the magic weight number.
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    @ktay I hope you heal quickly and get right back to it!!
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a note on why the scales will not budge even though you've stuck to the plan. I found these on the venus site and found them quite inspirational. I will post the links below. Obviously they will not be live but you could try copying them and pasting into the Venus site worth a try and a read:

http://community.venusindex.com/showthread.php?9605-Fat-Loss-VS-Weight-Loss-VS-1-7-lbs-of-daily-water-glycogen-food-fluctuations

http://www.venusindex.com/do-you-make-this-obvious-mistake-when-measuring-your-fat-loss-progress/

Anyway, I have decided not to weigh myself weekly. It is absolutely my number one reason for self sabotage. If I gain I think: "what's the point" and eat too much. If a lose I think "Yay ... time to celebrate" and eat too much. Either way it has to go. I also a relationship with weighing myself like I have with chocolate. If i don't do it I am fine, do it once and I want to do it everyday!

So I have decided monthly weighs but weekly measuring. Ahhhh already desperate to jump on the scales!!
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Awesome! thanks!