Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do any low carb friends eat apples ? I just added them

Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Back, I quit eating them last summer- bought a bag for the hubs over the weekend-and been having one each day-w/peanut butter. It was either that or choc chip cookies (TOM) so instead of 20 carbs I'm 30s- I like being in keto but I really missed my apple & vegs. I think I know the answer - but just wanted to hear it from you all !

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Apples, berries, and kiwi are some of the only fruit I still eat (though I love, love, LOVE most fruit).
    I just plan my meals for the day ahead of time to make sure I don't go over.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    I eat apples or banana on my weekend long runs or races more than 2 hrs. I usually eat berries on other days.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    I still stay away from apples. The only fruits I eat are tomatoes, avocados, and berries. Berries quite sparingly. I like to keep them for special treats.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    When the weather's warmer and I'm cycling more I eat 1/2 an apple most days. I simply cut them in half in advance, soak both sides in lemon juice (to prevent browning) and have them when I want them.

I usually choose granny smiths as they seem to give me the best glycemic response. (I'm quite diabetic.) They're easy to throw in a ziploc bag and toss in one of my jersey pockets ...

I eat berries every day, without fail. It's part of my breakfast routine. Raspberries and strawberries are my favorites, but I also use a big bag of mixed field berries from Costco as well. Typically 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup maximum a day for me though.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 189 Member
    It probably depends on how many grams of carbs you want to do a day.
    Personally, I am not eating them now but I eat tomatoes and avocados.
    I remember that one time when I was trying to stay in ketosis - I could get away with half a pear with 2-4 oz cream cheese.
    Half an apple a day (as suggested by another poster) seems doable.
  • cpislander
    cpislander Posts: 9 Member
    I blend one into my morning smoothy with cinnamon, tastes great. I use a small Royal Gala. Hasn't hurt my weight loss. I only do that once a week. I eat strawberries and blueberries daily too. So far so good!