pedometer on iphone

Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
Do any of you have a pedometer app on your iphone? If so how does it work for you. I lost my pedometer so thought I might try my phone but want an app that really works. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Replies

• GLH2576
    GLH2576 Posts: 83 Member
    If all you want to do is keep track of steps I'd just buy another pedometer. I have an Omron HJ720T which can just be put in a pocket so it does not have to be clipped to a belt or waistband. It also keeps track for 30 days and has a program that works on Windows that is interesting to review. If you want to use the phone app with a heart rate monitor the Polar H7 is very good although some people find the band that goes around your chest needs some getting used to. If you have the H7 several apps work well with it (MapMyFitness and the Polar Beat are the two I like best so far). MapMyFitness also syncs with MFP if you are tracking exercise calories and remember to turn on and turn-off MapMyFitness when you begin an exercise or walking program.
  • nancyeom
    nancyeom Posts: 1 Member
    I have the "runtastic pedometer" on my iphone. I've been using it for over a year now and it works well. It's free unless you want to upgrade, and gets good reviews. I put it in my pocket and it seems pretty accurate, and gives you steps, speed, distance and time. Hope this helps.
  • GLH2576
    GLH2576 Posts: 83 Member
    I have a runtastic as well. However it is probably my least favorite app and works very hard to sell add-on products. I have their jogging/running version so perhaps the pedometer version is not as irritating.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Thank you so much for your suggestions! I do appreciate your in-pur!
    Have a great day
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    good grief... I think the fit gremlins have taken over my mind. Just ordered a $50 fitbit from Amazon today.

next the gremlins will be expecting me to do jumping jacks or something equally horrific :grumble:
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 453 Member
    good grief... I think the fit gremlins have taken over my mind. Just ordered a $50 fitbit from Amazon today.

next the gremlins will be expecting me to do jumping jacks or something equally horrific :grumble:

OH!!

THE HORROR!!!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or go eat some chocolate now!!!!

*tease*

:bigsmile:

GOOD for you!!!!