Does anyone use a Fitbit?

Options
nicca_jb
nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
Hi everyone,

I got a Fitbit Flex a couple of weeks ago and so far really enjoy having it. However, its calorie requirements (it calculates based on daily activity and BMR) never sync up with MFP, and I needed to ask: has anyone worked this out? I've enabled negative calorie adjustments in my diary and the Fitbit is set to "sedentary" (which means it adjusts throughout the day according to how active I am).

To be fair, I'm not very active at this point. I work at home full-time with a desk job, which means I literally sit at a computer for ~9 hours straight not counting bathroom breaks, walks with my dog, and basic house stuff. Trying to adjust that. Still, I know my BMR is about 1600, and Fitbit constantly tells me I should be around 1350.

Thoughts?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't sync it's calorie goals to MFP, only the TDEE you accomplish. And weight changes go back and forth, and they receive meal summaries.

But your goals on Fitbit are not used on MFP.

Not sure what you mean by it adjusts throughout the day, unless you are describing the fact it is tracking your likely calorie burn as the day goes on.

Under exercise, you don't see any Fitbit adjustments then?

Where does Fitbit tell you you should be around 1350? You mean eating goal? Then you selected a big deficit on their goal site.

But if using MFP, only use MFP.