Maximum Amount Of CCs In Your Band

Options
KatheryneH13
KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
Hi! So I was banded back in November and as of right now I have 7.75 ccs (my band holds 14, I think). I still feel like I can keep increasing ccs in the future. I was just wondering what was the max amount of ccs for other people. I feel like I have way too much in mine! My doctor keeps telling me not to worry about it and that everyone holds different amounts but I can't stop worrying about it. I always assumed by the time I hit 7ccs, I'd be done for a while.

Replies

• minibandit
    Options
    Every single person I've seen in my team have all told me not to give a sh... about fills.
    It's not 'fills' it's 'feels'.

The amount of liquid only becomes an issue if there's a problem (i.e leakage) other than that - don't think about it. It is how you 'feel' that is the key thing. I've also been told that 'restriction' is not the goal either - that it's satiety that should matter.

Do you eat small good, healthy meals and feel satiated until the next meal? THAT seems to be the goal - not fills or restriction.

Your doctor is right, everybody is different. I am on a separate forum and it seems to go from some having problems on 4mls and seeking de-fills to one who has never achieved any sensation at all from her band with big fills. She still lost 140lbs though, basically through sticking to the prescribed diet.

I haven't had a fill at all (yet) and can not, under any circumstances, over-eat. Even with an empty band, should I eat too much, too quick or the wrong thing I'm in pain! We are all different!

As I said above - don't think about it. You'll know when you are at the right point because you will feel it.
    Good luck.
  • dolphintattoo
    dolphintattoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am up around 9.5ccs I think, I had a 1.5cc fill in Dec when I felt no restriction at all and it has really helped. I was nervous about running out of CCs without feeling full, but this seems to be working. My doc did warn that for some folks, over time they adjust and will need more, but in his 14 years he has never had a patient fill their band and not feel restriction.
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice. I feel much better after reason your responses.
  • shaynemkeeler
    Options
    my mom had the band and her band was soo tight she was becoming malnourished and couldn't keep anything down she said she felt like she was dying part of the reason why i opted for the sleeve hope this never happens to you