Favorite healthy snack?

Options
mercurywinks
mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
I don't know how it is for you other over night peeps but the night shift does CRAZY stuff to the way I perceive certain tastes and smells, so my favorite day time healthy snacks are out the door! Plus, with the whole, not having my kitchen at my disposal things get a little crazy when it comes to planning for snacks. What are some of your favorite go to snacks for the night shift noms?

Replies

• FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I keep a lot of plain 2% yogurt on hand along with granola type cereal like Kashi. I also keep a lot of apple sauce. The way my schedule works, I actually do 1000 cals in the morning for breakfast. Sleep. Then a 1000 cals in the evening for dinner. But this isn't as bad as it sounds, because with both of them it is sort of a running breakfast and dinner. It isn't all at one time.

Then I eat back about 2/3 to 3/4 of my exercise cals. For exercise, I try to average about 600 cals then eat right around350 to 450 of them back.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    Apples. Definitely apples. I keep a fair amount of string cheese as well. It goes good with apples. :smile:
  • Dschnei475
    Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps! lunch meat and a little cheese wrapped in lettuce is probably my favorite snack that is easy or greek yogurt with fruit
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese & fresh fruit.
    protein or fiber bar
    I am able to pack my snacks and meals for work, so I plan ahead.
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps! lunch meat and a little cheese wrapped in lettuce is probably my favorite snack that is easy or greek yogurt with fruit

You know, my roomie wraps lettuce around stuff and eats it...I always kinda shied away from that, but I'm going to have to try it lol.
  • Dschnei475
    Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do it !! you save all those calories from bread and it tastes so good still :)