Artificial Sugars

Options
Hi, I didn't see this answered already but I apologize if I'm asking something that has been!

I am on my second week of eco-keto. It's going great, feeling pretty good and definitely experiencing changes in my body.
This week I decided to try some new things including some prepared low-carb foods. However, I think the artificial sugars are making me sick. I have had intense stomach pain and really dry skin, both of which I have heard are symptoms of too much artificial sweetener. I am wondering if anyone else had similar reactions? Or maybe this is just a reaction to something else?

In the meantime lots of water and only stevia for me :)

Replies

• Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've heard of stomach pain and bowel problems, but not dry skin. It's a hit or miss for people when it comes to artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols.
  • emmy724
    emmy724 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners really bother my stomach with bloating, and gas! After about a week of eating them ( Atkins bars), I am beginning to wonder if they are the reason I have not lost this week. I like I can have sweet treats, but not worth it for the uncomfortable tummy and no weight loss.