Please help! Newbie and frustrated...

skinnygurl02
skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
So I did the hcg diet and lost 25 pounds, I still have about 10 more to lose and in no way want to ever do hcg again...so I have converted over to atkins, which is way more unrestrictive. Trouble is I don't know how many calories, fat, protein to be taking in. Also, I started on Monday and when I checked ketones last night and this morning, the stick turned purple, so apparently I am in ketosis but, still not losing...any suggestions??
Been eating mainly meats, eggs, more eggs. I am sticking to below 20 carbs a day. Been swamped at work so haven't been exercising..BMR is 1552 and TDEE 1862...although I have been hanging around 1200..

Replies

• MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Umm I think I set my macros to 5% carbs (which at 1200 is like 17ish..) 45% protein and 50 % fat.
    If your purple in ketosis, I would imagine that you should see a lb or 2 drop over the course of a week. Some people stall at first and then as their body adjusts to ketosis will drop, but with you only having 10 more to lose you might not see awesome numbers right away. And that also opens up the debate that goes back and forth about the 1200 calorie mark...so it may be something as simple as upping your calories (or at least using all 1200 every day) so that your body doesnt go into starvation mode....good luck!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Go to Atkins.com & read up on the stages, what to eat, when to add things back. It's free. I suggest you avoid the bars, shakes, packaged things.

I've seen a lot of people fail on Atkins or lose and gain it all back because they never really followed the diet. Make sure you understand it to keep the weight off.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    I really like the pre-2002 Atkins book. Might have it at the library if you don't want to buy it, but it also should be easily available in paperback at the bookstore.

I am one who stalls out the first two weeks of Atkins. I sometimes even gain a pound or two, and no matter what I do, it's slow going when I don't have much to lose. Also, I know most people don't have to count calories on low carb diets, but I still do, especially since I'm not very active at all.