So kiwis what are your goals?!

Options
psych101
psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
I'm thinking we need some more kiwi interaction in here :flowerforyou:

So, tell me what your goals are for April? What are you going to do today to get yourself closer to them?

For me, I'm going to take a rest week then jump into Stage 5 of NROLFW. I'm going to try and drink more water today than yesterday and go for a walk at lunch to help the ol' muscles

What are you up to?

Replies

• iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to graduate next year, my goal is to become fit, healthy and toned by june next year
  • caj45
    caj45 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is to get below 90kgs. I have about 4kgs to go, after losing 20 so far. Not sure if it is achieveable but definitely going to give a go.
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well im over half way there, so just gonna keep on keeping on, fiji in 2 months, goal is to be almost at goal by then woohoo! i love this site
  • jam_hunt
    jam_hunt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My main goal for the next quarter is to get under 70kg, lower my fat % and increase muscle.
    I have never much been into paying much attention to my body shape, but would like to start sculpting my body a little bit more.
    I have recently transitioned to a Paleo lifestyle, all is going well and I am feeling the best I have in a really long time!
    I am not sure if this Paleo thing will stick, but for now I am content without the dairy and Grain.
    Long term goals - Id like to get into the Ultramarathon scene. I hope to be Relaying with a couple of crazy people next year at Tarawera :)
  • psych101
    Options
    awesome guys! There are some seriously motivated kiwis in here!
  • lexidore
    lexidore Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm trying not to be focused on numbers, and my main goals are to be fit, healthy... and comfortable in clothes!!! My mid term goal is we are heading to the islands in Jan/Feb next year and I want to be swimsuit ready (never been a bikini girl) Working on clean eating and loving it so far.
  • susan_worthington
    Options
    I want to get under 80 kg, wear size 14, and have more energy. To do that I need to put more unprocessed food into my diet. If I could persuade hubby to help that would be a huge advantage since he does most of the food shopping. Any suggestions?
  • susan_worthington
    Options
    For me, I'm going to take a rest week then jump into Stage 5 of NROLFW. I'm going to try and drink more water today than yesterday and go for a walk at lunch to help the ol' muscles

What is NROLFW when it's at home? I am new to this site and the acronyms are like :noway:
  • psych101
    Options

What is NROLFW when it's at home? I am new to this site and the acronyms are like :noway:

Hi Susan!

NROLFW = New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a progressive weight lifting programme that I do at home. I love it! I have about a month left of it - been doing it since January :)
  • susan_worthington
    Options
    Pretty impressive weight loss btw psych101. It's obvious your systems are working for you!
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My goals for May are:

1. Run my first half marathon - next weekend eek!
    2. Keep logging everyday, and stay under calories, using exercise to get there if I need to.
    3. Wake up half an hour earlier each morning and start the day with Yoga.
    4. Keep my alcohol consumption low - max 1 x bottle of low alc wine per week, over 3 days + special occasions.
    5. Study every night to keep on track with my current papers.
    6. Run x 3 times per week plus bike to work x 5 (weather permitting)

If I do all the above, the numbers will keep coming my way and I'll be happy and healthy and keep the winter blues at bay!

Happy May Kiwis!
  • susan_worthington
    Options
    I want to get under 80 kg, wear size 14, and have more energy. To do that I need to put more unprocessed food into my diet. If I could persuade hubby to help that would be a huge advantage since he does most of the food shopping. Any suggestions?

Just as an update, my hubby has been fantastic so far - he usually does most of the cooking but he has been really respectful of my diet and approach (not that he would willingly ever eat raw muesli!) and has been helping by cooking lots of steamed veges and he brings me a cup of herbal tea every morning in bed. This is the first time he has genuinely supported my weight loss goals (previously he just made fun of what I ate).

What I am not so sure is around what is realistic for me as a weight goal. I have been mainly over 80 kg ever since my second child about 20 years ago. My lightest ever was around 54kg back when I was 19 and doing a huge amount of weight lifting and other strength and cardio activity. I don't think I could get down to 54 kg and whether it would be even possible or whether it would even look that good on me re loose skin etc. I may be better off if I get to half way (around 70 kg) from my starting weight (88 kg) and just stabilise there for a while (I used to be 109 kg so its still a big drop overall). I think I will reset my goal to this but any suggestions?
  • mullycathNZ
    Options
    JUNE GOALS!

-Do the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. Getting up at 6:15am each week day to do it.
    -Continuing to bike to work daily (weather permitting) and go running at least twice a week
    -Stick to my cals 1350 per day and try not to binge when studying at night!!!
    -Cut my weekly alcohol consumption!

Its sooooo cold here in ChCh atm, hope the rest of you are keeping warm!
  • psych101
    Options
    Mullycath - great goals! I really enjoyed doing 30 day shred - though Jillian got super annoying and it really peeved me off that the advanced girl cheats when Jillian isn't looking haha

Not too bad here in Balmy Palmy - had a couple of frosts and have had the fire going 24/7 lately!

My June goals are to find a new lifting programme - I recently completed New Rules of Lifting for Women and ordered the Supercharged version. I'm going to keep my calories where they are for now. Am thinking of increasing them slightly as I'm getting a bit hungrier lately. See how we go :)
  • lynnz28
    lynnz28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. My goals are to try and do some exercise each day. Mainly I walk and record it with Map My Walk. I also want to try some weights using dumb bells to tone up. I would like to see myself lose another 5kg by 7th July and be a bit fitter and stronger for the calving season (Dairy Farm Assistant here)
  • mullycathNZ
    Options
    Mullycath - great goals! I really enjoyed doing 30 day shred - though Jillian got super annoying and it really peeved me off that the advanced girl cheats when Jillian isn't looking haha

I'm only on Level 1 but already the repetition of the voice annoys me so I just do it with the sound down.... LOL
    My June goals are to find a new lifting programme - I recently completed New Rules of Lifting for Women and ordered the Supercharged version. I'm going to keep my calories where they are for now. Am thinking of increasing them slightly as I'm getting a bit hungrier lately. See how we go :)

Awesome, am dead keen to get into some lifting but working on losing weight first and doing cardio and at home strength work until I hit some goals in that dept.

Have also decided that I will give up alcohol all month (eek, I love a few drinks but at least its a pretty non-social month). I think that will be the hardest for me to stick to!
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to MFP and I just recently moved to NZ from Canada (hence my name lol)

My goals are mainly concerning my body fat %. I would like to get below 30% BF as a start, but my ultimate goal is to get to 20%.

Currently I am 65 kg at 160 cm, with 36% BF. My fiance and I are both working really hard on decreasing our body fat and he's doing enormously well (of course, fat just seems to melt off of men easier, doesn't it?!) :P
  • CatchnUp
    CatchnUp Posts: 3
    Options
    New to MFP and Im here to *Catch up*. My children are older now, so its time to concentrate a little more on me. I have type two diabetes, genetically predisposed to it, and I have just started medication in the hope that my health will strengthen as I lose weight and get fitter. So far, so good. Im just feeling my way along. Will be a daily user as I find the food diary helpful.
  • traceyandelliemay
    traceyandelliemay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My goals for June are to do this s daily exercise apps everyday on the 10 minute counts and stay under calories as well. Id like to have abs again as i haven't had them since i got pregnant in 2009 and id like to be 57 kg again which i was 3 months ago. And most of all to remain healthy. :)
  • Starrynightgrl45
    Starrynightgrl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Now that we are close to a new month, it is time for me to set some goals!

My goals for the month of August will be:

1. Get under 85 kgs
    2. Get a gym membership
    3. Exercise 3 times a week
    4. Stick to the foods I say I'm going to eat for the day
    5. Try not to be too hard on myself

What are everyone else's goals for August? :)