Week 2 Level 1 Day 5 (12)

Options
emilylostit
emilylostit Posts: 20 Member
2 more days left in level 1, let's keep it up!

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Completed!! at 8pm. I'm taking the weekend for cardio, I did all 5 days this week. So that is it for Level 1 for me.

I will share my experience with you. Maybe you can relate - or not. But, I did find it to be an interesting experiment with my 50-year old body, 50lbs overweight, and I really haven't exercised seriously in years.

After 12 days. I have to admit I did see improvement in cardio, strength and flexibility,
    - On Stretching - Day 1 couldn't do vertical stretch hamstring without grabbing my pant leg Day 12 did it no problem with ease.
    Day 1 couldn't reach my feet only my ankle on seated hamstring stretch. Day 12 reached my toes!

On Cardio. - Day 1 couldn't do all that jumping with jacks and jump rope. I was marching in place. Day 12. Kept up much better, but calves still burning on jump rope. And I keep it very low impact, due to an ankle injury.

Abs - Never really had a problem with Abs, but I did find I am able to stretch much deeper on crunches.

Strength - Caveat - I am using 3 lbs weights. I did complete all the side lunges with lifts by Day 11, although the last three still burn.
    So that's the news from here.

No one in asking ..but my 2 cents:
    For me, I rate this exercise DVD, Level 1:: A-/B+.
    Good mix in the routine, Doable for the novice, encouraging, rather than getting discouraged by having it be too difficult. Marked it down a bit, for that annoying music! And excess blab from Jillian.. Love her, but "I can always use a good fly routine in my life, I'll join you..." - Whattt??? LoL.
    Have a nice Friday.