April 5 - Day 5 and We're Still Alive!

Options
ErinMcMom
ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
I hope it's okay with you guys if I start these a day in advance so I can add my thoughts before I forget them!

Finished Day 5 tonight and I actually could do the bicycle crunches tonight! YAY!!!!!
I thought it was funny when Jillian said "if this is day 5, 6, or 7 you're probably noticing a huge improvement in your endurance" it was true, and I remember how impossible that seemed on the first day of the shred.
I actually followed my shred with half an hour of Just Dance because I feel like there's just not enough cardio in the dvd. I can't believe I made it through all of that!

What's our handle anyway? Are we Shred Heads? Shreddies?

Replies

• eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ha! I like Shred Heads :) I'm with you, I'm noticing a difference too, I was able to keep tempo with the exercises today, whereas on the first day I felt like I was lagging behind on certain ones and not keeping up. I think I'm going to start doing something after too, because I get done with the video and I'm energized and thinking, "I can keep going" but then I don't because it's over. I like the Just Dance idea.
  • ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I almost wanted to skip today's workout and do some light pilates instead because it's my TOM. I was feeling so lethargic. I had just finished warming up for my pilates workout when I just decided to switch back to the 30DS. Pulled through in the end. Phew!
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! I managed 10 regular pushups today, the rest on my knees. I also tried upping my dumbbell weight but couldn't manage it for all the exercises. :(
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Day 5 ✅ but I don't wanna talk about it today. My shins are threatening to fall off :-(

Oh, I'll add that I managed one regular push-up today & didn't use any weights since I'm not home for the weekend. I used soup cans instead but still got my *kitten* kicked!
  • michlou84
    michlou84 Posts: 34
    Options
    I found today a struggle and had to take a couple of rests. Tiredness was probably a factor along with all the sweets beforehand!
    I don't have proper weights and have been using tins of beans but today I decided to double the weights and use a couple bottles of wine instead and boy could I feel it!
    Well done to everyone that's made it halfway through level 1.
  • lindaandrews21
    Options
    Day 5 done! Phew I don't think it's getting any easier! My legs are on fire but I pushed through it like a champ! I am super nervous for level 2 and 3. Everyone is going a great job and keep up the good work!
  • Melissas9799
    Melissas9799 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete! Also did 40 minutes on the elliptical :)
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    made it thru level 3. i used the modifications but considering that i have a slight hangover and a ton of junk food in my system from last night, i think i did ok. note to self: no more booze or ben & jerrys during the shred.
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    Day 5 done! 2 days away from a week done!! Keep pushing everyone!
  • ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!! Not feeling it to day. TOM. Ugg, but powered through. Knee still not loving me. Everyone is doing so great, keep it up! :drinker:
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! Bumped up to 8lb weights for the chest flies and rows... definitely tougher but I made it through :)
  • laoanime
    laoanime Posts: 15
    Options
    Day 5 done! Was hard getting up early on a Saturday but after it felt great!
  • sofreshsoicyy
    Options
    Super late, 1:30 am, I've spent all afternoon cooking for the coming week as it's going to be crazy. The choice was shower and sleep or do 30DS and I chose to get though day five successfully :) I didn't sweat as much as yesterday, I had a lot of pain so I know I didn't give it 100% :/ but I shall sweat way more tomorrow!!
    Also did 40 minutes of the elliptical.