I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Options
stacibuk
stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
Hi guys,

So, 4 weeks I had a job for 2 weeks. It entailed standing on my feet from 9-6 with a 1 hour break. I was burning over 3,000 calories per day (if I went to the gym after work) and 2800 calories (if I didn't go to the gym afterwards). I was able to eat a lot (about 1800-2000 calories per day) and I lost 3.5lbs the first week and 2lbs the second week. Then I stopped work and went back to sitting down all day and working out at the gym. I have now gained 4lbs in the last 3 weeks. I burn at least 2,500-2800 calories a day and eat 1800 calories a day. There is a deficit so this should mean weight loss but it's not happening.

My TDEE according to my fitbit is 2184 calories. And according to scooby calculator it's 2141 with no exercise. So it's roughly the same.

Now my question is, should I eat at my TDEE for 4 weeks. Am I allowed to exercise as well. Because I enjoy my exercises at the gym and I also try to walk 10000 steps per day. Because it's been 3 weeks and I look like I'm adding fat as well in the mirror.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You have a personalized TDEE calculator, forget Scooby.

Just confirm you update Fitbit site with any non-step based exercise so best estimate of TDEE to base your figures on.

Your BMR literally changes through the month, therefore you need a month a data before you can discern what is happening.

You weigh all the foods you eat?

Because first week on diet is always water weight with the fat.

If you've been on a diet for a long time, taking a break is always a good idea, and longer if a bigger diet.
    And yes to want to exercise during that time.