Hard boiled eggs

Options
I want to start eating a hard boiled egg for breakfast everyday but I don't want to have to deal with peeling it everyday. Is it OK to make a bunch and peel them ahead of time. Will they get slimy or dry out by the end of the week???

Replies

• jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There is a comprehensive answer to your question here: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/eggs2.htm
  • lemonsNlimes
    lemonsNlimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. My mom actually sometimes buys hard boiled eggs already peeled. They come in a sealed container and have a damp cloth underneath, similar to what you find under packaged raw meat, to keep the moisture in. To do up your own just put them in a sealed container with a damp paper towel underneath and they should last you about a week.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. My mom actually sometimes buys hard boiled eggs already peeled. They come in a sealed container and have a damp cloth underneath, similar to what you find under packaged raw meat, to keep the moisture in. To do up your own just put them in a sealed container with a damp paper towel underneath and they should last you about a week.

I keep finding/getting coupons for those but haven't seen them anywhere :ohwell:
  • lemonsNlimes
    lemonsNlimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I keep finding/getting coupons for those but haven't seen them anywhere :ohwell:
    I think she gets them at Walmart but I've also seen them at Wegman's and Trader Joe's.
  • speciallisa
    speciallisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    what a good question, thank you for answers i never knew this. i know what im having tomorrow now! :bigsmile: