Completed Day 1 Level 2

Options
I started the Shred a few days before April since I wanted to jump straight into it after completing Ripped in 30. Today is Day 10 for me; I decided to double it up and did level 1 this morning and level 2 this evening. I have seen improvement throughout level 1 over the past 10 days especially with my push ups (can do 13 regular push ups first set only) and front arm raises. I pretty much kept up with Natalie the entire time. My arms/shoulders are definitely tighter whereas I felt like my lower body did not get as much intensity as I would have liked (even when using 10 pound weighs during the lunges--only the first set because my biceps couldn't handle the weight on the second set).

I completed level 2 and feel great! Definitely felt much more prepared for the plank moves thanks to the Ripped in 30 program...the plank exercises were kind of back to back on one of the weekly workouts. #struggledbadly I only had to pause twice throughout the entire plank portions of the workout which is a drastic improvement compared to all the breaks I had to take when I did this workout over a year ago. This workout is very challenging still and I was drenched in sweat afterwards. I think I enjoy this level more than level 1. #shocker Who knew that was even possible???

Hang in there! You all are doing great!!! :-)

Replies

• muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    From what I've read, everyone else thinks Level 2 is the worst of the three! The cardio and the cardio abs are definitely a step up. I'll save my judgement until after Level 3. :-)

I'm actually having trouble because it takes up more room and there's a lot more jumping moves. I'm a very self-conscious apartment dweller. And my pendulum lunges go off at weird angles. I need to clean my floor...
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started the shred on March 26 and yesterday, April 6, was my first day of level 2 (I took one rest day after day 5).
    I agree that the arms and shoulders get the most of the level. I woke up this morning with a really sore upper body.
    I am 52 years old and just started seriously working out again in Feb and I had never done any sort of lunges before that. I started with Daily Burn True Beginner and I think that is a great program for someone out of practice with working out like me. I wasn't sure if I was ready to try JM 30 day shred yet and it has been challenging but I feel great so far.
    Yesterday, after my first day of level 2, I was energized throughout the day. I had to take a few of the 5 second rests during circuit 3 but overall it wasn't too bad. Will see about today, I might need a rest day for my upper back and shoulders.
    Good job everyone for staying motivated!