Eating on work days

Options
tallvesl99
tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
When I am off work, I do not eat as much. I feel more in control. I am more physically busy and not chained to a desk. It is harder to try to stick to a food plan when I am at work. Exhaustion comes into the mix and I am prone to reach for anything to quench my hunger.

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i have the exact opposite problem... i pack all my food when I work. but when i'm home, i just lounge and graze all day long...
  • couchbunny
    couchbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with oboeing! I do so well during the week and it tends to fall apart on the weekend when I spend so much time at home with readily available snacks.

Then again, sometimes I also have the problem of doing well for breakfast/lunch and then things unravel from dinner onward, when I'm tired, don't feel like cooking, etc.

Weight loss is such a mental game at times. I try to remind myself how good I will feel when I stay the course, and how 'falling off the wagon' will feel good temporarily but I'll regret it pretty quickly.

tallvesl99, if you can't seem to avoid the impulse to snack while at work, try to bring some healthy snacks and build them into your meal plan!
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Home is my problem. I have tried not bringing my debit card or cash to work to limit the idea of skipping the healthy lunch I packed and heading to Taco Bell and I only put enough healthy snacks in my desk drawer to last the day. It seems to help a lot. The downfall is my boss and her amazing baking skills. She is always bringing in the most amazing deserts.