Any advice for the newbie?

Hello! I am having my gastric sleeve surgery on 04/14/14. Any advice I can get from your experience’s would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Congratulations! The best advice I can give is do what your surgeon and his team instruct you to do! Make sure you sip your water, get in all your protein, walk, and stick to the eating schedule/plan they give you. If you are unsure of anything, ask your surgeon and his team. Don't improvise, especially early on. Remember that almost everyone has a different experience post surgery, and you might experience things differently than others, and that is totally normal. Also, as soon as you can, start attending support groups regularly. You can get information and support from people who have been through what you are going through and I have found it to be super helpful! This surgery is an amazing tool if you use it the right way! Good luck to you, and keep us posted!
  • jass1988
    jass1988 Posts: 4
    thank you so much! I have my final counsultation with my doctor on Friday, I will bring him a list of all my questions. Thanks again for the advice!