Best Accidental Keto Recipe Ever! (if you like Chili)

Options
I made this last night and it was so easy, you're really just cleaning out odds and ends of vegetables. Anything that can cook down without being wilty in a 20 minute simmer would be good. I was craving chili! I just grabbed the miscellaneous amounts of vegetables I had and threw them in, you can certainly adjust as needed.

Huge Stock Pan on stove

1 -5lb block of ground beef(dump it in)
Water in the pan up to the top of the beef
Green Peppers chopped roughly 1in X 1in - whatever you have
Celery Stalks - probably 4-6 halfed and then chopped into chunks
1 large onion into rough chunks
(we're substituting the crunch or substance you would normally get from beans)
2 cans tomato paste (small cans)
2 cans tomato sauce (small cans)
>> Light dusting across the top of the pan of all of these spices(mix and match whatever you have or like):(1 packet of taco seasoning would be an easy way to do it) - just do a little and you can taste and add more after everything simmers for 20 minutes.
Salt , Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Chipotle Powder or other non-black pepper, Taco Seasoning, Cumin, Red Pepper Flake
Simmer 20 minutes, don't skim the fat (you want that!!) then serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream, guacamole, so good!
When I enter into MyFitnessPal, I estimate 3 oz beef per serving along with 1 tblsp each of the vegs, and 1/2 tblsp tomato paste along with whatever toppings.:drinker:

Replies

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This sounds a lot like the Caveman Chili recipe that's floating around. Looks great! :)
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious