Need Lots of Support

robinred2
robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
My 4th day and doing ok. Still eating according to plan. Experiencing aches and pains sleeping, its as though my body is to heavy on my muscles and bones and I have to keep turning over in bed every few minutes. Also this morning near esophagus problems, which seems to be normal when I change my diet. I can hardly wait until Sunday to weigh and check my sugar. I suspect they will both be quite high since I have let myself go since January. Just hope I can keep eating healthy until then; my first goal of this journey.

Replies

• robinred2
    robinred2 Posts: 59 Member
    Well coundn't wait until Sunday to take my meter reading. I felt light headed and shakey around 1pm. I took my reading 115, not low; but a great reading.. I ate my lunch and feel better. I was taking 2 glipizide for the past 3 or 4 weeks, because I had gained so much weight and reading was around 245. Now I will back off to 1 glipizide which is prescribed and keep eating healthy. Sunday is my goal to weigh and begin my meter readings to journal. I was giving myself a week of healthy eating so I would not be so depressed after seeing the numbers. They wouldn't be any worse, eating right.
  • It's great that you're already seeing a decrease in your blood sugar levels with changes in your food choices! I bet that motivates you to continue on this healthy path. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi Robin,

Bringing down blood sugars from historically higher numbers to more near normal blood sugar levels for many-can bring the experience of feeling the shakiness, along the feeling of being light headed too in addition too other relative conditions you describe-as our blood sugars normalize and our bodies adapt to-and accept-lower blood sugar numbers. For many these symptoms experienced oftentimes pass and resolve themselves with consistent stabilized blood sugar control.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Robin,

It is not at all unusual to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia when your blood sugar has been high for a while. Your body needs to adjust back to normal sugar levels.

When I was getting my BG under control, I would think I was low, test and then discover I was actually in the normal range. The funny thing is, once I got used to normal sugar levels I discovered I don't feel many symptoms when I am actually hypoglycemic. I usually discover I'm low when I check my sugar for another purpose like before a meal or before exercising. The few times I have actually experienced symptoms I've been very low.

Fortunately with weight loss, diet and exercise I'm down to just metformin, which doesn't cause low blood sugar. Now I'm almost never low.