Not sore; am I doing it wrong?

Options
I'm not experiencing a lot of soreness after workouts, not even on the day after. I'm in Phase 1, just finished Workout A (8) on Tuesday. I'm squatting between 75 and 95 lbs, and I'm deadlifting between 85 and 105. My shoulder presses, lunges and step ups are between 20 & 25 lb dumbells in each hand, my rows are between 75 and 90 lbs, my wide grip lat pulldowns are between 35 and 55 lbs.

I never lifted weights before this, and I'm not sure if these amounts are low or high. I feel like I get a workout and I sweat (not a ton, though) and my heart is pounding and usually I'm breathing pretty heavy. But I'm usually not sore the next day, or if I am it's very *very* slight. When I used to job 3 times a week (3 years ago), my legs would be so sore the day after a jog.

Is this normal? Or am I doing it wrong?

Replies

• lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My range in that stage was similar.
    I was only really sore one time, after the very first workout.

You really shouldn't get sore too often if you keep up the routine.

Your best criterion should be whether you are adding weight and progressing.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I agree, I didn't have too much soreness in the first stage unless I dramatically increased my weight, usually on DL's. It doesn't matter whether your numbers are "too low", it matters that they are heavy for YOU, and you're able to progressively add as you get stronger.