April 11 weigh in

Options
13»

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Are weekly weigh ins required? I feel like I can quickly become obcessed w/ the scale, and I am trying to avoid that as much as possible....is month weigh in ok?

There is no hard rule but I would urge you to weigh in weekly. There's a difference between obsession and appropriate feedback. Just my opinion but it seems like an entire month without some feedback as to whether you are on track or not is too long. I personally believe that seeing the actual number on the scale has a big psychological impact--it is very easy to rationalize our way back to the original behaviors that brought us to MFP in the first place.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Mule -
    I appreciate your feedback. I will kick this around in my head for a little bit. I currently just judge being on the right path by how my clothes are fitting, etc. I agree about the impact of the scale staring you in the face, but sometimes I get overly anxious when the numbers dont drop as quickly as I might like....which leads itself to unhealthy tactics, which inevitably lead me back to fat. I'm a work in progress :) I will give it a month, and then maybe work more towards weekly...thanks again though!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm a part of an Easter challenge that culls your stats if you don't weigh in and put your info in the spreadsheet weekly. I'm glad this group isn't going to do that because sometimes it just slips our minds. On the other hand, I thought that was part of being in a challenge group. The weekly weigh-ins and the accountability that it brings to the table?