New !

Options
Hi everyone I had Gastric Bypass 3 weeks ago and am on soft foods! Getting tired of eggs and refried beans... Any Suggestions ??Also I have not lost weight the last 3 days ... is that normal.. I have lost 22 since surgery

Replies

• Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal. I only lost 4 lbs at my one month checkup! Talk about disappointment. :) Now at almost 6 months I am right on track. It seems that water for me really affects the weight loss. Make sure you're getting all of it in. If I go a day or two short on liquids, the scale starts to creep up due to retention. I remember eating ALOT of greek yogurt, protein shakes, skim milk, and scrambled eggs and beans around three weeks. In a few more weeks (depends on your Dr) you will probably be able to start adding softer fish. Unfortunately, your diet is not going to be very interesting for awhile, unless you're super creative. You can try "The world according to Eggface" blog for alot of really great recipe ideas. There are some people on this forum that have really experimented with protein shake flavors, etc.