6 days post op

Options
I am feeling a world of difference. I feel like I can move normally. No gas pain or wound pain. I am down 10 lbs so far post op. Although I don't notice anything in myself my family says they are beginning to notice the changes. Keeping up with the liquid diet for today and tomorrow and Monday I start my puréed diet for 5 days. Then I'm allowed to start soft foods. I really see how this is a tool and not a fix.

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you're recovering nicely! And that "tool" realization will really begin to hit home once you feel really "normal" again. I'm finding that 6 months out, I'm having to "work it" way more than in the beginning, (which is to be expected). I exercise at least 5 days per week, eat very small portions and log every bite but the want for sugar... that didn't go away. It's a daily battle to stay on track, but one I'm still winning if not a bit slower than before! 6 lbs to go before I hit the healthy BMI range and 25 to goal!
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you're recovering nicely! And that "tool" realization will really begin to hit home once you feel really "normal" again. I'm finding that 6 months out, I'm having to "work it" way more than in the beginning, (which is to be expected). I exercise at least 5 days per week, eat very small portions and log every bite but the want for sugar... that didn't go away. It's a daily battle to stay on track, but one I'm still winning if not a bit slower than before! 6 lbs to go before I hit the healthy BMI range and 25 to goal!

Yes! I am almost 6 months too and I definitely am having to "work" more to avoid the cravings and having my daily calories creep up. Yesterday I ate almost 1500, and didn't feel so much as a groan from my pouch. Just a reminder that my honeymoon phase might be ending. :) Going to exercise a bit longer today to make up for the extra calories yesterday. You're comment really hit home for me today.