Introduce Yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Jesi here. 3 months ago my sister and I joined MFP together. I have lost to within 2 lbs of my goal. But more importantly this journey has brought my sister and I closer. She is joining too and we are both looking forward to the challenges and the progress. Let's do this!
  • mzkobari
    mzkobari Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Naz and I just joined MFP. I have heard that using a food journal is very helpful in trying to lose weight and monitoring calories. I usually start the day pretty healthy, but go down hill as the evening approaches. I feel that this is the time in my life where I have to really start paying attention to what I am putting in my body and start a healthy lifestyle! I hope that this site and group can help me stay on track and reach my goals :)
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Chantel. I am a single mom who recently graduated with a Business Administration Diploma. I currently work as an Administrative Assistant. I live in Calgary Alberta. I started my journey on MFP in January 2014 after i was stuck on my birthday wearing plus size clothes and a bigger sweater to cover myself up with. I don't work out - at all:drinker: :cry: :blushing: and hope this board will motivate me to do so. I have lost approx. 20 pounds, with alot more to go. I hope this challenge can help me get out of the 200 pd range.
  • deadkimmie
    deadkimmie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Audrey, I am wife and mother. I have two beautiful girls. I am here to get healthy to set my life up with healthy habits. I am trying to lose some baby weight. Be a bit more toned and just feel good about myself again!
  • jojosboys
    jojosboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Jojo. Well like alot of you ive been very large most of my life. My sister got me on mfp a few months ago and ive since lost 18lbs. Slow weight loss is good weight loss she says :). Our relationship has grown leaps and bounds which is priceless!! We are both excited to take on this new challenge together with all of you. May we all give our best!!
  • Troy2DC
    Troy2DC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Debra. I am not new to MFP but have not stayed focused. My hope and desire with this group is to get more interactive and have accountability. Currently the only one I am accountable to is myself. I hope to receive and give inspiration!
  • nonnie35750
    nonnie35750 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Connie and I've been using MFP since April 2013 and have lost 62 pounds. This site has been absolutely fabulous and quite motivational. This will also be my first MFP challenge.

In May 2013 I started taking a swim class at the university here. When I first beganI could not swim the length of the pool without being completely out of breath and holding on to the side. Now I'm swimming at least 36 laps (1 mile) in an hour and have begun working with those who are training for a triathlon. (Not me; I'm just doing their workouts for the fitness). Also, in January 2014 I started a weight training class at the same university. I am so very thankful for my coworker who keeps me motivated and involved. Tracey Jones, you are the best.

I've never felt better since starting this lifestyle change. I'm really looking forward to this challenge.

Thanks and good luck to each of you.
  • nonnie35750
    nonnie35750 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Makhonyola,

I feel your pain. I think I have the exercise part down pretty well (though I still need to be motivated), but I really struggle with getting my diet right. I've learned to eat a lot of healthy foods that I once would not have touched, but I still find myself snacking when I'm bored. I HATE that.

I wish you well.
    Connie
  • Lenindaire
    Lenindaire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My name is Alicia. I'm 36and live in Omaha, NE. I have been on MFP for over a year and have not been consistent. Hopefully this group will help me stay on track. I have my husband, one daughter, two dogs, a and a cat.
  • artzy1989
    artzy1989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Miranda!

I joined MFP in 2013 but didn't use it until now. I am 24 and weight 198. Which is down from the 210 I was hitting in August (pre-mvp). I refuse to go through another beautiful summer unable to enjoy it to it's fullest! Anyways, I have always struggled with my weight but it has become easier to lose since going gluten-free (medically, not by choice) and also lactose free. Good by bloating!

I am excited to start this journey to a healthy, new me!
  • mickchap33
    Options
    Hey...my name is Michelle...I joined MFP a year ago shed some pounds and kinda gained a few back...I lost my dad to cancer recently and now im watching my mom struggle with diabetes...Going through what im going through now its making me look at my life and my choices in life and to want to be healthier...I dont want to be like they are in my 70s...im 46 I still have time..This site works because I have done it...just have to get back to it...
  • CatyB0321
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Caty. I'm 41 and have been an MFP user off and on for a couple years (mostly off) but have recently decided to get real about it this time. My health needs to be a priority and the extra pounds are taking their toll on me both physically and emotionally. It's time to shed the extra me! I have never joined a group before but healthy weight loss is my main goal so this seemed like the perfect fit. Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Mike Feel free to add me as a friend but if you do i will comment on you. I feel this helps me to do better I have been lossing the same weight up 5 down 5 I need to get my act together with your help hold me accountable! i enjoy walking and am starting to lift weights. lets do this together. I am happily married and have grand kids
  • cec2162
    cec2162 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina! I lost 20 lbs on My Fitness Pal years ago and I am back on track to get back into shape!

I am always open to meeting new friends to help motivate each other :) Excited to be part of this group!!
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Clare, I will be 60 in June. Married. 3 grown children. Before Christmas in 2012, I decided I needed to seriously make changes to my health, I joined MFP starting at 293 pounds. I have lost 114 pounds since then and have made great progress and improvement to my health. But... i have done most of it with minimal exercise. I am doing more than in the past, but still working on getting a routine. Maybe this will help. I am having a knee replacement done in June and again in December, so that is going to slow down exercising for a short time, but I will do what I can.
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and I'm 35. I joined MFP a few years ago and lost around 30 lbs. I decided to go back to school and pushed my nutrition and exercise to the back burner. In the last 18 months, I've gained 45 lbs and weigh the most I've ever weighed. So, I'm back on MFP and am ready to make exercising and healthy food a part of my daily life. I'm really excited to be a part of this group and look forward to the next 40 weeks!
  • ChelseaAntoinette
    ChelseaAntoinette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    I am a 22 year old pharmacy student. I lead a crazy life full of work and studying. Minimal time for working out or socializing. I have a boyfriend of 2 years and we are both a part of Greek Life on campus. I lost 14 pounds last summer and have kept 10 of it off. My goal is to lose another 40 pounds. I cannot avoid sugar! It's my down fall. I eat healthy all day, then after work/classes I fail and binge on sugar until I go to bed. Help. I do my best to make time for working out, but find it difficult as I already only get about 6 hours of sleep a night. :) But I am bound and determined to try!
  • lsmillerd
    lsmillerd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am a 48 year old working mom, and life is always busy. I am new to MFP and I really like all the tools and info. I have been struggling with my weight ever since having my daughter over 21 years ago. I have gained and lost but never quite reached my goal weight. I am really excited about the 40 week challenge and making great choices to get my mindset back on course and finally reach not only my weight goal but to also be more healthy overall. Here's to Week 1!