Beginning SC: Any Advice?

Options
Just started reading the book. It's been on my shelf for a while. I'm now ready to begin. Do any of you have some feedback on your experience? Any recommendations?

I have to lose fat. So does this program only work if you are ready to build after losing weight. They say you can't really build muscle and lose fat at the same time. So, is this program not for me?

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is going to come from eating at a calorie deficit. Lifting weights will allow you to retain lean body mass (including muscle) or at least minimize LBM loss so that when you reach your goal weight you won't lose your bum and end up the dreaded "skinny fat."

So yes, this program can work for you. But remember the most important factor for fat loss is calorie deficit so make sure your diet is spot on.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • rebitanormaleata
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    Just got the book, reading it now--very excited about it--also thrilled to see there's a SC group! I'm on page 46 but did the Testing exercises (along with some of the workout I've been doing) today, and wow, definitely need to do them every day for awhile. The glutes are burning lol. Been doing hip thrusts with weights, but trying to make sure I got the form right, you know?

How are you doing with it?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This group is silent. I was hoping to see some recent activity. I am reading the book, would love to hear others take on this program! I'm 62, I've done NROL4W and learned a lot, gained muscle, confidence but had to work away from my home for 3 months, with time only for some very minimal exercise, and NO heavy weights. Getting back into the groove has been tough!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would also love to hear others' results.