Fell off the wagon

Options
I had to stop the workout for 3 days because of periods. Today it is 6th days of skipping it. I felt tiny bit change in my belly but after periods that is also gone. I lost around 2 Lbs in 3 weeks and that too I gained back. My motivation in somewhere in deep negative.
I hate it..

Replies

• kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sometimes working out helps to get rid of my cramps.. not saying the first 10 minutes aren't horrible, but than afterward they subside. Maybe not the 30DS since it's really intense, but some light jogging could help :smile:
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Don't feel defeated....Either start it again, or find something else that will work for you! It's o.k....but you can't beat yourself up about it.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Don't feel defeated....Either start it again, or find something else that will work for you! It's o.k....but you can't beat yourself up about it.

This^^^^ Just be thankful for a new day to start again or start something new. No sweat. It has happened to many of us. Just don't stop because you won't experience any type of positive change.
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    I love how much periods have come up in this group...I guess it was inevitable with a 30 day program. :-) I took a day off too for my day of worst cramps. Maybe you're just retaining water! I know about a 5 days after my period starts I just seem to pee every 10 minutes.

Either way, don't feel defeated. Think about what you achieved so far! There's infinite improvement possible...it'd suck if we all thought about how far we have to get to be impossibly perfect. Even with a break, you're so much farther along than when you started, even if you can't see it. :-)
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Oh also I fell off the wagon as well. I went out of town to play with my toddler nieces and thought it'd be pretty dumb to bring my weights on an airplane. =P I hope that carrying a 1 yr old around is like exercise. I tried level 2 today after 4 days off. I also chose to do it before eating. I needed to take entire sections off for breaks.

Also I was sitting around too long beforehand and just kind of started the video and got up and went into it ("no more excuses let's goooooo")...but my leg was still asleep and doing jumping jacks was pretty funny. I sat those out for a while too. Get back into it! Take breaks! And then be proud that you bothered at all and enjoy the burst in energy afterwards. :-)
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So not my period but I haven't worked out since Friday due to a nasty head/chest cold. I could barely breathe normally and knew I couldn't keep up with Jillian. I walked a bit this weekend but it totally knocked me out- it was pathetic honestly! But, I'm not giving up. I committed to finishing this program and I am going to do- even if its later than intended. I was one day away from starting level 2 but that feels crazy to me. So, I am going to start with level 1 tonight- do it for 2 or 3 days depending on how quickly my body ramps back up- and then move onto level 2.

I'm an all or nothing person and totally want to quit but THAT'S HOW I GOT HERE!! I'm picking myself up, putting on my big girls panties and I am going to keep on going.

Its not perfect and now how I wanted to do the 30DS but life is life and I can't let it get in the way anymore. Want to start again together? I'll check in with you daily if it will help. Let me know! I know it would help me to have someone to check in with daily.
  • kducky22
    Options
    I'm picking myself up, putting on my big girls panties and I am going to keep on going.

Wooo!!! :drinker: Get 'em!!
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too on Day 7 coz couldn't find time to do the shred plus gym then work but getting back on it again. Tomorrow will be Day 7, L1 for me. We can do it. Don't give up.
  • milksibling
    Options
    I'm getting back into it! I had to stop for 10 days because of a mild calf strain that coincided with a trip to San Francisco. I tried to keep up with low impact exercises, like recumbent bike and upper body training, but eventually had to stop everything for a week so I wouldn't re-injure myself. :( I felt depressed without daily exercise, and craved doughnuts again haha.

But I started again yesterday at Level 2 (Day 4), adding an extra round of Level 1 30DS / Shred it With Weights / 6W6P to make up for lost time. You can jump back into it!
  • sweetu24
    sweetu24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm getting back into it! I had to stop for 10 days because of a mild calf strain that coincided with a trip to San Francisco. I tried to keep up with low impact exercises, like recumbent bike and upper body training, but eventually had to stop everything for a week so I wouldn't re-injure myself. :( I felt depressed without daily exercise, and craved doughnuts again haha.

But I started again yesterday at Level 2 (Day 4), adding an extra round of Level 1 30DS / Shred it With Weights / 6W6P to make up for lost time. You can jump back into it!

That's awesome!!
    I too took 10 days break and came back on schedule yesterday. My arms are sore after yesterday's workout but it keeps reminding me that I am doing something good for my body. I hope to continue this time and planning to do Ripped in 30 with these gorgeous ladies from 1st May. yuppiieeee !! :D
  • kducky22
    Options

Sorry for my ignorance.. but what does 6W6P mean??
  • sweetu24
    sweetu24 Posts: 21
    Options

Sorry for my ignorance.. but what does 6W6P mean??

I guess it is Jillian's six weeks six packs work out videos.