Just been introduced to clean eating

Options
I am a mom and have just been introduced to the idea of cleaning eating and am finding that it makes complete sense. I want to pull my family into this but don't want to send them into shock or make it to difficult. I need suggestions and tips in how to incorporate it into my family's eating habits without a lot of fuss.

Replies

• Lcruz2014
    Lcruz2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    very slowly ......small changes ... i am in the same boat and sometime i hit the rocks but haven't sunk yet (lol) good luck
  • Fireworks
    Fireworks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't know if you are referring to simply "clean eating" or the book CLEAN.
    I am currently following the book Clean which is having a smoothie at breakfast , a big lunch with nothing from the exclude list, and smoothie/shake OR soup for dinner. 21 days.
    Whether you are referring to the actual BOOK or not, I do know what clean eating is and I would say pick one meal, and make that one meal clean. By doing that you can find out what everyone likes, then in time, bump it to 2... Also, try incorporating healthy snacks, apples with hummus, carrot sticks with vinegar drizzled on them, fruit~
    SMoothies/Shakes are delicious and very healthy (although sometimes high in calories)\
    Good for you~ for trying to get everyone on board. And if they are not, You can still eat clean. When they see the changes in You, they may be inspired.

:)) Keep going~
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    very slowly ......small changes ... i am in the same boat and sometime i hit the rocks but haven't sunk yet (lol) good luck

^^This. Make small changes. Finish out what you have the cupboard and then replace it with a healthier version or a different food. Don't announce the change, just slowly make changes and if anyone says anything just say you are trying something new.

There are also quite a few blogs and websites that would help. Just Google "changing to clean eating" or something similar.

Good luck! It can be done, but it won't be an overnight change. :flowerforyou:
  • princesstina7884
    Options
    I have just started eating clean as well. I have been switching out processed food with healthier choices in our cupboards. I haven't really said anything to anyone in the family and they haven't noticed a difference! But with them, I keep it basic and close to what they enjoy. Cocoa puffs, theirs an organic brand that tastes even better. Pasta, i buy the organic sauce and noodles, tastes great. Little things like that are similar to what they enojoy, they don't know they're eating better. My family isn't as picky as others so it hasn't been hard.
    Myself, I have been experimenting with different foods to see what I like and could enjoy. I have been going on pinterest to find clean eating recipes. I also look at all the labels of what I buy, If I know what the ingredients are, I will buy it. If it has a bunch of long named ingredients I avoid it.
    Not sure if my way is correct, but I have been feeling great :) I hope my ideas helped :)