New to OptiFast

ak_honda
ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
Hello all!

I started OptiFast 800 on Sunday; my husband will be starting on the 22nd. He was referred by our normal doctor to do this for weightloss, I opted to do it with him (as I have about 50 I should lose myself). We have no kids so we have no one to cook for!

So far I've only had withdrawal headaches (caffeine/sugar - I usually have a coffee or chocolate frappe' in the mornings ... hence my withdrawal headache). Nothing that aspirin and a cold rag can't take care of!

I'm doing 3 shakes, 1 bar, 1 soup a day - been throwing in a cup of steamed broccoli with my soup (30 cals, and keeps my tummy from growling at night). I have 2 servings of that veggie left and then no more real food for a while.

So far I've seen my scale go down from 206.8 to 204.4 since Sunday (my pants are also fitting slightly loser) and my tummy feels light and content (how it usually does when i eat tons of salad for days on end).

I'm excited for this to work and help kick start my husband and mine's journey to living better. I've been stuck around 205 for the last few years, no matter what foods/exercise I did it just wasn't the right combination. :-P

Replies

• ak_honda
    So on 5th day.

Withdrawal headaches stopped yesterday (yay!) and it's been rather easy for me to stick to this with no other food, other than my 1 cup of steamed plain broccoli I was having with my soup - only 30 cal. It was on my approved list from my doctor, and it has not hindered any weightloss so far.

My official weigh-in is not until next Tuesday; but my scale has gone from 207.5 to 202.8 already.

I'm also instructed to try and do some sort of cardio 3x a week so I have gone back to my "walk away the pounds" DVD which also uses small handweights (1.5lb) for arm working while doing the walking portion. This will help tone up while losing the fat, and does not cause a huge burn in calories (which dr told me not to eat back at this time).
  • goldenlovermom
    goldenlovermom Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations! Glad to see the scale is moving for you. I am doing 4 shakes and a frozen meal with fruit for dinner. I'm down 7 pounds...
  • ak_honda
    So - after doing a few weeks; my husband and I have decided that Optifast isn't for us (I was already a big fruit & veggie person with my share of some bad things (cough frappe cough))

We have decided that we are going to just do counting calories with actual food instead; starting at about 1000 cal as our base and work up from there. Optifast was screwing with my digestive system so badly;I would get such upset stomachs from the shakes as of lately, and my acne was breaking out more.

Since eating regular good the past few days, my stomach aches are now gone, digestive back to it's normal daily routine and eating my tomatoes has helped clean up my acne again. Some folks are meant to do Opti, some just aren't. I'm not. :-P

I wish everyone else here doing it the best of luck though!
  • christygb
    christygb Posts: 84 Member
    Glad you are finding what works for you. Best of luck!

Christy
  • ak_honda
    Thank you very much! Since stopping the full optifast, I am still losing about .5 lbs a day doing 1,000 cals/day and working out 30-60min 3-4/day a week.

It just wasn't right for my body, however my husband is still using the shakes we have left to help him.