New to paleo need help please! :)

Options
So I'm new to paleo though I think I have a good grasp on what it means.. I bought a couple books and have been pretty strict with the diet for a good month or so..my number one goal is to be healthy and feel better more energy etc...but I would also like to lose around 15 pounds...should I also be looking into intermittent fasting? Or cutting out nuts completely? I weigh 136 at the moment am 5'5" and keep my calories around 1700 a day....but I don't really seem to be losing any more weight (initially I did lose about 7 lbs) any suggestions or replies would be fantastic!

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome, your initial weight loss is likely due to water weight but do not let that discourage you it is very typical. You didn't mention how long you have been doing this so I will assume a few weeks and likely your feeling a bit run down which is another typical transition off of wheat. As for the other questions about fasting and quitting nuts I am doing neither and this still works for weight loss but the bigger benefit will be the energy that will show up soon (3rd to 5th week) and thing will likely be moving along nicely by then.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Although this is the Paleo board, this great post on Low Carbing might explain a bit. Keep at it, it works!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/684525-why-the-rapid-weight-loss-on-low-carb-induction-stops
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You are already at a very healthy weight for your height. Your body will resist weight loss when you are at a healthy weight. I don't know you, or your build, but 15 pounds more sounds a bit much. I'm only an inch taller than you but would be very small at 145 pounds. My goal is 151. Perhaps building strength would be a healthier goal?