April 16th

WordWhimsy
WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
How's it going Shredders?

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    I got my Shred done this AM, I am back to loving the before work, workouts!

Today was Level 2, Day 3 for me (13/30). It went by really fast.

I'm still using 3# weights, and doing most of the moved in the modified way. I try to do the Plank Hops and Plank Jacks in the regular way for the first 10 then I do a few modified, then I see if I can do a few regular. Oh and I do the Skaters in the Modified way. I am having a much harder time moving to the regular in this round, I'm beginner all the way, haha~

How is everyone doing in this round? I'm definitely liking less jumping jacks.
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    I got my Shred done this AM, I am back to loving the before work, workouts!

Today was Level 2, Day 3 for me (13/30). It went by really fast.

I'm still using 3# weights, and doing most of the moved in the modified way. I try to do the Plank Hops and Plank Jacks in the regular way for the first 10 then I do a few modified, then I see if I can do a few regular. Oh and I do the Skaters in the Modified way. I am having a much harder time moving to the regular in this round, I'm beginner all the way, haha~

How is everyone doing in this round? I'm definitely liking less jumping jacks.

Good for you! Those plank hops and jacks are so hard! I haven't even yet tried to do them the real way. I'll be shredding in a few hours, right before lunch time.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    I am on day 9 tonight and I still do the plank hops in the modified version. Other than that I try to stick with Natalie but its hard! It does get easier though, I do not get as tired and sweaty as I did on day 1 of level 2. I can't wait to move onto level 3 and then hopefully I can start Ripped in 30 in May :)
  • danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    I am still a day behind. I am having knee issues. I plan to go get some braces, but have not made it yet. I am currently sticking to the modified moves. I think all the jumping jacks did a number on me from Level one, so I typically do the twist things when she says do jumping jacks.

The skaters are my favorite move in this workout. I hate the thing where you stand on one foot and lift it while pressing the weights. I didn't like the squat and press from level one either though.

I too am using 3lb weights. They are all I have and just have not bothered buying more, but I do have a set of two pound weights I guess I could hold both.

I do find that each day Jillian gets under my skin a little more. She gives so much praise to Natalie when Anita (I think) has great looking abs. Oh well just a personal problem I know, but I have to listen to her so I know what is next. :ohwell: I guess if that is the only issue I have I am doing ok.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Today is done, and my calming bit of yoga afterward. It is getting a little easier, but the oblique twists are killer for me. The only way I can get through them is to count while I do them. Mind over matter, I suppose. My strength is getting better which is encouraging, and I just feel better overall. :)
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Day 16 done! Does any one else feel like level 2 works your upper arms and back a lot more then level one?
  • michlou84
    michlou84 Posts: 34
    Completed today but I'm 2 days behind from taking the weekend off.
    I'm loving the fact I can get into the plank position, before I started there was no way I could hold a plank let alone moving my legs while holding a plank!
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Oh my gosh- I can't wait to get to level 2. I took a few days off for a cold and I can't wait to try the new moves. This is motivating me to get moving again! Thanks ladies :)
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Day 16 done! Does any one else feel like level 2 works your upper arms and back a lot more then level one?

YES!!! My shoulders are on fire!!! I'm on day 6 of level 2 and I'm counting down the days to Level 3... I don't know why, I'll probably be thinking she's definitely trying to kill me by then!
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Done for today....I keep waiting for it to get easier, but it hasn't! I'm following Anita all the way. :)
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    How's it going Shredders?

Good for you! Since I shred at night, I'll be doing it later this evening and hopefully I can make it through two rounds. I am trying to be proactive since I might miss a day or two this weekend (driving 8 hrs to another state on Friday night and another 8 hrs back home on Monday).

Yesterday was a struggle! I had a potluck at work for lunch (and I brought in two massive & delicious meatloafs...the theme was comfort food, GO FIGURE...woof) and then took my sister-in-law out to dinner for her birthday. Needless to say, I was feeling super heavy and sluggish while shredding. But then I followed up by doing the elliptical for 40 mins (to work off some of those extra calories). I still "gained" a lb this morning but I'm hoping that I'll be back to where I was tomorrow. I haven't lost ANY weight so far doing the shred and that's so frustrating. I'm going to focus on eating better for the rest of the 30DS b/c I know I don't eat THAT bad, not to lose anything doing both 30DS and either elliptical or Zumba Core everyday! :grumble:
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member

YES...my upper back is usually hurting by the time I finish doing all that plank work in Level 2. I don't even feel it in my core or legs...when I'm in the plank position, no matter the move, my upper arms and upper back are on fire.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    hopefully I can start Ripped in 30 in May :)

This sounds like an excellent plan. Is anyone else interested in starting a "RIpped in 30" Support Group challenge in May? I'm in for sure!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Did mine this morning!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member

This sounds like an excellent plan. Is anyone else interested in starting a "RIpped in 30" Support Group challenge in May? I'm in for sure!

I would be interested in a Ripped in 30 group.
  • pistachiopeas

I'm interested! Though I might do C25k instead.
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member

I'm in. :)
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    I was also concidering ripped in 30 for May as well:)
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Did it! I went back to level 1 day 7 in order to get back in the groove (and because I'm still not 100% over this stupid cold). Feeling good for not quitting- even if I am behind- and looking forward to tomorrow :)
  • pistachiopeas
    Done with Day 16! Today was pretty brutal again. I hope Level 3 has more tricep specific exercises. My biceps and shoulders feel so overworked!