Lowering tryglicerides

Options
sandit60
sandit60 Posts: 19 Member
Hi there. This is what I will be following, according to the doc to lower my tryglicerydes. All my other counts are normal. My tryglicerydes are 233 which is high but doesn't warrant medicine as my other counts are normal.

1,500 calories a day
30-60 grams fat
170-240 grams carbs
25 grams fiber
55-95 grams protein

It's tough to get by on that much carbs but less processed stuff like chips, crackers, bread, etc. is key to this!!

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think if you get enough protein and healthy fats you should be able to feel satisfied. Try to get a good amount of protein at every meal. My carbs are set at around 200 which isn't really hard to stay with most days. Fruit can mess things up a bit since they're high carb, too. It's a balancing act but once you figure it out, you'll be fine. Awesome news about the good number counts! You can get the triglycerides down, too. Good luck!
  • sandit60
    sandit60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's hard keeping carbohydrates and fat down. I love ice-cream, l love sour cream, I love margarine, I love all that. But....my tryglicerides are at 235. The rest of my numbers are normal my doc said. She gave me the method and I did post it but I have to get more exercise. I am thinking of starting walking here at work. Going as far as I can and then turn around. Just go so much every day until I get used to it. I have arthritis in my back and knees so it's not going to be easy, especially since I am so chubby but I do believe this will get the ticket :)
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whole heartedly agree with your doctor! I recently went in for my yearly blood work. The doc walked in and said,"whatever you are doing is working!".
    I dropped what I call, "cheap carbs", added fiber and veggies, lowered my bad fats, increased my good fats to include avocado and nuts and count those calories. Exercise is so key! All of my bad numbers went to normal range and my ldl has increased to normal! No soda! I am sure this is one of my best choices. After two weeks folks, you won't even miss it. Be strong! Live well! Educate yourself! No excuses! Peace!