my plan for an evening alone

Options
Silvercivic
Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
My husband will be out of town tomorrow night. I've started to feel the familiar urges- prime environment for a major binge. If I'm not careful I will have a major binge and then I won't feel very good the next day now will I?!

So instead of planning for a binge, I'm going to try planning for a non-destructive Thursday night.

It will start with dinner with the kids. I will NOT let their behavior drive me to eat! (I love my kids, but my 3 and 4 year old stress me the hell out from like 6:00 till bed time!) We will have dinner together and then I'll give them a bath, put the baby to bed, play with the kiddos, and then put them to bed.

Then it will be 8:00. Mommy Time.

I'll already be upstairs- why not just stay upstairs for the rest of the night? Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll take a bath, maybe do my nails, and then go to bed. (I'm incredibly exciting, aren't I?)

And then I will wake up on Friday morning feeling AWESOME!

Feels good to share this with whoever wants to read it. Something about writing it down means that it is likely to come true.

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It helps me to 'psyche out the opponent' in advance of the match. Like they do at the start of a boxing match. You can start right away !

'I'm stronger than you. You will not win. I control what I eat and I am not going to eat junk on Thursday night"
    over and over again.

It tames the urges and then if they rise again, I repeat it. over and over again.
    All of this is before Thursday night.

Then the same mantra during the match, as needed.

I wish you could luck. I had a day last week and it took all the strength I had (in fact, more than what I thought I had) to win. But somehow I did. and yes I felt awesome.

The other option - if you are not feeling stronger than the urges - is to put all the junk food in the kid's room, so you can't go in to get it without waking them ;-)

Good Luck ! - I can't wait to hear about your success - you can do it !
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah ... empty house syndrome! I've succumbed to that opportunity to binge WAY too often. I've gotten some practice in at keeping myself on track during those times, and it sounds like you've got a great plan. I'm rooting for you!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely evening! I think it's great to plan out your night like that. It leaves no room for the unplanned. Put some nice music on and enjoy a little peace and quiet with yourself :)
  • SunshineGirl0518
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy! My two and four year olds are my loves, but they are the number one reason for my binges. I brush my teeth immediately after dinner which keeps me from bingeing 99% of the time. It feels like so much more work to rebrush, especially after wrestling two kiddos to bed!!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for your replies! Today was good overall and tonight was a success! I didn't binge and I stuck to my plan of doing my nails. (Manicured fingers and toes always make me feel so put-together!) Feels good to have another day in the "win" column. :)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    so happy for you!
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome - congratulations! I was wondering how it went. Great job!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! happy for you.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad it was a success! I know how it goes. Night time is my worst time and it is when I am stressed about my child not going to bed. I will just go to the fridge and eat. I also know about empty house syndrome. It is so rare, but when I am home on a sick or just sick of work day, I tend to go nuts. Not so much when I am on plan, but boy, when I am not logging, I would eat probably 5000-6000 calories in a day.