Product Alert -- Dreamfields Pasta

Options
kiramaniac
kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
The makers of Dreamfields pasta reached a $7.9 million class action settlement on Monday over claims that the low-carb pasta was falsely advertised as containing fewer digestible carbohydrates and having a lower glycemic index than traditional pasta.

Full article here:
http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/23828-dreamfields-low-carb-pasta-maker-reaches-8m-class-action-settlement/

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Kira. Never did trust that stuff. :-(
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
  • kiramaniac
    Options
    Might as wel mention Eat-Rite foods. They market to low carbers as well. Their products are a complete fraud.
    http://low-carb-scams.com/eatrite-foods/
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    if you bought into the dreamfields marketing
    there will be a place you can make a claim soon.. they are issuing between 3-5.00 checks
  • kiramaniac
    Options
    if you bought into the dreamfields marketing
    there will be a place you can make a claim soon.. they are issuing between 3-5.00 checks

The proposed Dreamfields pasta settlement, entered April 14, will provide $5 million in refunds to Settlement Class Members who purchased Dreamfields pasta since 2004. Class Members who purchased Dreamfields online will automatically receive reimbursement of $1.99 for each box purchased. Those who purchased the pasta products in stores will have to submit a claim to receive $1.99 for each box of Dreamfields purchased, up to a total of 15 boxes ($29.85).
  • kiramaniac
    Options
    X
    There should be a way to delete a duplicate post...
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Which is why never buy a low carb product, eating real food is so much better.
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever checked out the Fiber Gourmet line of pasta and crackers ?
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying Dreamfields years ago, after reading anecdotal evidence from various members of the LC community on how the product affected their blood sugar levels. I didn't test myself. It's too bad - the product was the best tasting LC pasta ever - but I always suspected it was a little too good to be true. These days, I use shirataki noodles ("Miracle Noodle" which is shelf-stable until opened, and is pretty much nothing but fiber) or spaghetti squash.