Actifry and Clean Eating?!?

Options
So, we are really busy in this household, and to eat clean can be challenging and time consuming. Has anyone used a T-Fal Actifry to make clean meals (ie. clean stir-fry with barley, or clean sweet potato fries)... Is it even considered clean eating at thy point?

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I had to Google what a T-Fal Actifry was! Looks like a handy gadget to have. I would say that as long as you are using fresh, healthy foods and a healthy oil (like coconut oil) than it would still be clean eating.

If you have one, I would love to hear how you like it! :smile:
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    http://www.cancer.ca/en/prevention-and-screening/be-aware/harmful-substances-and-environmental-risks/non-stick-cookware/?region=on

You might want to do some research on non stick cookware to decide if you think it is clean or not. I wouldn't cook with it myself. I prefer using a crockpot (as long as it doesn't have a non stick coating) to make easy meals when I am busy. I would save the sweet potato fries until you have time and can cook them on a pan that won't release nasty chemicals. This link talks about using non stick cookware in a certain way but I wouldn't risk it. I use stainless steal or iron or glass.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't use non-stick cookware, but do the research yourself. Heavy, good quality, stainless steel doesn't have much sticking problem. You may just need to use something to deglaze the pan occasionally, even water. For stuff like eggs and potatoes, I use a seasoned "black steel" omelette pan. I keep buying them as gifts after people have my omelets *pats self on back* lol. It is also called carbon steel. You can make great oven fries too. Do some research before you try to learn the techniques.