WEEKEND WARRIORS 4/18-4/20

Options
skittlesnhoney
skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
I know that this weekend is Easter weekend and it might be hard to stay on track and hit our goals but I'd like to try anyway. :bigsmile:

Today I did some calisthenics at home. Jump roping/push-ups/squats/jumping jacks/plank and took the dog for a 30 minute walk (or rather he took me for a walk).

I plan on getting to the gym tomorrow and at least walking the dog again in the afternoon.

Sunday the gym is closed and I'll probably just hang out with my family and enjoy Easter. I'll try to make smart choices and have treats in moderation.

Replies

• cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great minds:laugh: I was posting an easter bunny weekend warriors post at the same time as you were writing this! Will cut and paste into here...
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was A GOOD DAY! Ran and did turbofire in the morning. Spent the afternoon with friends on a long walk around some beautiful English countryside and had a pub meal after - I had a prawn curry which was fantbulous and a goood choice calorie wise. Few glasses of social wine in the evening and avoided the snacks - all logged.

Today - off to another friends for lunch so just about to bank some calories and get my turbofire done for today. May walk this afternoon as well as long as my friend is having a good day - she has fibromyalgia.

Tomorrow - easter bunny will be visiting and a chocolate egg will be consumed - but have a c25K week 3 run to do first! Family coming over for a roast lamb lunch.

Monday - bank holiday here in the UK and nothing planned. Will do turbofire and may get out in the garden if weather is OK.

Happy Easter everyone!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Friday- Resting up from my trip away.

Saturday - Studying for an exam

Sunday- Not sure yet. Hope we have some nice weather to go out. Don't celebrate Easter so no need to worry about heavy meals or sweets.

Monday - Holiday so people are off work.

Boring weekend really
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Friday spent the day grocery shopping and cleaning, getting ready for a house full of family to come celebrate Easter together. Saturday probable doing the same thing as friday. Sunday celebrating Easter. Sense I am doing the cooking I am making lots of vegetable sides, which I will fill my plate with. Mash potatoes, rolls and of course desert will be my down fall, but I plan on not indulging too bad. No small kids so Thank God theres no Easter candy in the house! Happy Easter everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mysize8
    mysize8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a great workout session Friday (4/18): 60 min. body stretch and 30 min. walk followed by afternoon 60 min. Kickboxing class.

Saturday (4/19): 60 min. Body Pump (a full body weight training workout) and 60 min. Kickboxing class.

Sunday (4/.20): Before running around with my granddaughter on an Easter Egg Hunt I will complete a 50 min. Kickboxing class with 10 min. of PiYo (a mixture of pilates and yoga) at the end.

I love working out on the weekends, it charges me up for the coming week.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Friday: The Good: I was able to complete my mini challenge(100 side lats) and walking. The Bad: I knew it was Family Fun Night, but I didn't get on the elliptical, to burn extra calories. The Ugly: I ate too much dinner, too many treats and I didn't care one iota!!!

Saturday: Even with yesterday's failures, the scale was still kind. :laugh: Today was measurements and try on day. Measurements were good and I have a couple more things to send to the thrift store. There are quite a few more that need to go but I'm not quite ready to give them up. I've done 37 min. on the elliptical and need to get busy on my mini challenge. Today, it's 200 quadruped hip extensions. Food should be okay, as long as I can keep myself in control. The house is always full of "treats".

Sunday: It's just, Mom, The Tornado and I, so meals shouldn't be too bad. The Tornado is 5 and she's still happy with a few jelly beans and a couple of PB cups. No need to have too many goodies!!! Easter musical at church, no kids program means The Tornado and I will stay home, she can sit quietly for that long. I'll use that time to get in some exercise. Next weekend we'll celebrate with family, everyone was busy this weekend.

Happy Easter!!! Thanks for keeping me accountable!!!
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Friday: Crashed, but didn't quite burn.

Saturday: Went for my weekend bike ride. (Fighting winds for the second portion, but at least my lower half got an unintended insane workout.) Gaming afternoon with my boyfriend before picking up the kiddo early for Easter. (Movie night! I so rarely get them with her, since weekdays are tightly scheduled and she spends weekends with her dad.) Looking forward to playing the Easter bunny after the kiddo falls asleep.

Sunday: Going to sneak in some Wii time before heading to my aunt's for brunch and festivities. (Random Wii Fit games and Just Dance 2.) Fortunately, I won't have a problem controlling myself around all the food because I won't be able to eat most of it! (Ham, chicken broth in the potatoes, etc.) I plan on taking a vegetable soup to share so I have something substantial to tide me over. (Cumin-scented wheat berry lentil.)
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Friday- went out for lunch and went shopping
    went a little over but not much. did go to the gym

Sat. at work all good

sunday friends coming over but will be in control
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Gonna probably eat all the food tomorrow. :ohwell:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to each of you!!

Our DSIL is a minister in a church about 2 hours from us. We are going to their Easter service in the morning, then we will eat out at noon. We are going to Applebees which is great with me as they have the under 550 calorie entrees. I will do one of those - probably the salmon but will see what my mood is tomorrow.
    Our Grandchildren are 5 & 3 so we will have a great time with them. We are looking forward to it. Actually, I just received a phone call and the kids are coming home with us!! That will be fun! They do not have school Monday (the 5 yo) both parents have to work, so they are coming to the farm. I will get lots of walking done, just not the DVD kind!!

I cooked a fresh ham today so I will have food for them to eat. I also cooked side dishes so they will be ready for them. Glad I did that!! Now, I will just need to work on what I will eat.

Everyone have a great Easter week-end. I hope your day is filled with lots of sunshine and lots of love!!
    Reba
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Friday I did strength training for 60 minutes and then did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I was very proud of myself!

Saturday I ran 3 miles for the first time in a couple of months. My low back has been bothering me a lot so I had to take a break from running as that seemed to really be irritating it. I did pretty well, slow but steady and no back pain. Spent the evening with some friends eating fish tacos. Just one glass of wine so not too bad there.

This morning I got up early and played an hour of singles tennis with a friend. It was a pretty good workout. This afternoon I am going to work in my yard and MAY go do a five mile trail run that I LOVE. I'll have to see how I feel later. My parents celebrate Easter so I will go over there for dinner. I am bringing pie, but hope not to indulge.

Hope everyone is enjoying this weekend!